Brendan Keefe: Weekend AM Anchor?

SuitSnob

I've noticed the same thing... it seems like Sean Hennessey has not been on the weekend mornings at all for the last 3 weekends. I never liked him as an anchor, so I think it's a good move if he is indeed not anchoring anymore. I'm not sure I like Brendan as an anchor either... he's better than Sean, but he's still a much better reporter than anchor.

Why don't they just bring Cindy Hsu and Kirstin Cole back? They were so much better than anyone else they've put on the weekend mornings recently. Deborah Garcia seems nice enough, but she is so boring as an anchor and the entire weekend morning newscast recently has become a real snooze.

Wasn't Brendan the weekend anchor years ago, and he didn't like the gig, so they put Reid Lamberty in that seat (a wiser choice)?

Why would he want that gig now?? He's said he's much happier on the street than in the anchor chair....

I don't like Hennesy as an anchor, but I think he is fine as a reporter. Brendan Keefe is one of the best street reporters in the business, he is perfectly competant as an anchor but it is not the best use of his talents.

Now, why did CBS feel they needed to can Reid Lamberty again?

I agree that the Weekend AM show needs life, but don't kick Deborah Garcia off, she's smoking hot!!! I think she needs to work on her delivery, but she's got the look and the tools to be a seriously great anchor down the road.

I highly dislike Deborah Garcia as an anchor. She's always stumbling on her words, etc.- just doesn't work out in my opinion. I don't enjoy Brendan, either. The chemistry between the two is bad as well.

I also say bring back Cindy Shu- she was great. I don't really care for Kirsten Cole, not that she's bad or anything.

I highly dislike Deborah Garcia as an anchor. She's always stumbling on her words, etc.- just doesn't work out in my opinion. I don't enjoy Brendan, either. The chemistry between the two is bad as well.

This is exactly what their A Team is. Johnson and Chris don't have any chemistry what so ever. In fact, she fucks Chris performance.

I think all Deborah needs is a little professional coaching and she could be great.

Same with Christine. But then again, there are a lot of veteran anchors still in NYC that just can't read a telepromter!

I don't really care for Kirsten Cole, not that she's bad or anything.

Kirsten Cole is all about Kirsten Cole. Horrible personality and everyone has

a nasty story about her as she worked her way up from News12 and TV55 and even now at WCBS.

And the viewers can sense it.

WCBS would be stupid to put her in an anchor position.

Oh wait, did I just say WCBS would be stupid?

I don't really care for Kirsten Cole, not that she's bad or anything.

Kirsten Cole is all about Kirsten Cole. Horrible personality and everyone has

a nasty story about her as she worked her way up from News12 and TV55 and even now at WCBS.

And the viewers can sense it.

WCBS would be stupid to put her in an anchor position.

Oh wait, did I just say WCBS would be stupid?

Well I never really watched Kirsten Cole or WCBS in general so I didn't know if she's bad or not but now I know.

Any official word yet? Or are they just hoping we won't notice that they canned Reid Lamberty and replaced him with someone they had to replace?

Exactly that. I'd rather have Reid Lamberty as the 11 o clock anchor rather than Chris. Reid is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Chris. Another stupid move by the smart people at WCBS.

Archived