WSB Meteorologist Karen Minton retiring

I am sorry if this was already mentioned in the Out and About thread but this is deserving of its own thread.

http://amp.wsbtv.com/news/local/georgia-reacts-to-meteorologist-karen-minton-s-retirement-announcement/845305141?1538505665702

She is the QUEEN of Georgia weather and arguably should have been the heir to the chief role at WSB if Glenn Burns would ever be so gracious to finally step aside.

It's a shame she never made it to chief, but it's a true testament that she stayed at the same station, in the same role, for as long as she did.

In an unfortunate age where older women on TV are being cast aside for younger, she has truly aged gracefully and has been a pioneer and trendsetter for older women in the business, that they are still important and they are still relied upon.

As a Georgia native, I never got to grow up with Karen as much as people from the Atlanta market did but every time we visited Atlanta, every morning we would watch Channel 2, and I watched her every time I visited for over 20 years. To say she will be sorely missed is an understatement, I would venture to say Channel 2's morning show might never be the same once she's gone. Nothing against her replacement, but she left a lasting legacy that's going to be hard to forget.

Archived