2007: A cursed (or at the very least, bad) year for TV News?

jdcnow

These last few days have been, by all accounts, the worse for TV news.

This comment got me thinking about what has happened this year:

- The fire at ABC 7 in New York

- Notable personalities coming down with cancer. (well wishes go out to Marvin Zindler's family and KTRK, and GMA's Robin Roberts as well)

- Now 2 terrible accidents involving helicopters within a week (the KNXV/KTVK crash in Phoenix and the KDFW crash yesterday morning).

I'm trying to grasp for answers as to why now? Why all at once? Why, period?

Your thoughts, please...

Thanks

the fire at WABC....the deaths of Pete Wilson, Marvin Zindler, and Tom Snyder as well as Dawn Frantangelo's husband...the tragic helicopter collision in Phoenix and Dallas...and Robin Roberts....Too Much!

Don't forget about the image boarders going nutso about that KTTV story and raiding their forums, and WFTS keeping their ugly graphics for HD...wait would those be considered bad enough to count under this curse?

Don't forget about the image boarders going nutso about that KTTV story and raiding their forums, and WFTS keeping their ugly graphics for HD...wait would those be considered bad enough to count under this curse?

wow. im glad thats all you care about...really. You dont care the people who died, not the legands we lost...you care about bad graphics...you must be really empty.

Not even close.

Thanks for playing.

Add another member to the infamous D-List. He should really be ashamed at himself, people died this year. Does this mean anything to you? Probably not. Lost too many brain cells to realize what he is doing.

Your joining this forum counts, I hope.

the fire at WABC....the deaths of Pete Wilson, Marvin Zindler, and Tom Snyder as well as Dawn Frantangelo's husband...the tragic helicopter collision in Phoenix and Dallas...and Robin Roberts....Too Much!

and who could forget Mirthala Salinas and Tony V, a match made in journalistic hell.

To get things back on topic, I would have to concur that this year is perhaps the worst year I've ever really experienced as perhaps a notable year for the deaths of amazing TV News personalities. I believe ABC and their affiliates suffered the most, since most of the deaths occured from ABC owned and affiliated stations, but we can't rule out the others as well. Overall, its a very tragic year thus far. Lots of notable personalities just dead, without expectation.

-Vlad

Archived