Stupid CBS 2

qwertywcbs

I don't watch CBS 2 anymore, or any news for that matter, but I have noticed that they seem to be doing some stupid things.

The first thing I notice every time I watch, Lonnie Quinn is part of the pre-open tease. Why? It also seems like a fast-paced open. But my biggest complaint, for the best word for it, is how right after the open, they show the desk, and Lonnie and Ducis/Sam are sitting there with Chris/Kristine. Then they both have to leave the desk once the news begins, Lonnie goes into the weather center until he is called on, and Ducis/Sam moves so that the camera angles work for shooting the desk and the weather center, and to preview sports at the plasma.

Why? Why why why? This seems very unproductive to me. While they could be working on putting together forecasts or watching sports clips, or, at 11 o'clock there is still a lot of sports news around the country, putting together their reports.

Let's see, why would it make sense to try to put people together when you can do less than 3 seconds of the desk with all of them at the open. That's what makes sense.

I don't watch CBS 2 anymore, or any news for that matter, but I have noticed that they seem to be doing some stupid things.

The first thing I notice every time I watch, Lonnie Quinn is part of the pre-open tease. Why? It also seems like a fast-paced open. But my biggest complaint, for the best word for it, is how right after the open, they show the desk, and Lonnie and Ducis/Sam are sitting there with Chris/Kristine. Then they both have to leave the desk once the news begins, Lonnie goes into the weather center until he is called on, and Ducis/Sam moves so that the camera angles work for shooting the desk and the weather center, and to preview sports at the plasma.

Why? Why why why? This seems very unproductive to me. While they could be working on putting together forecasts or watching sports clips, or, at 11 o'clock there is still a lot of sports news around the country, putting together their reports.

Let's see, why would it make sense to try to put people together when you can do less than 3 seconds of the desk with all of them at the open. That's what makes sense.

I dont watch CBS2 News at 11 either since Dana and Jim was demoted. Chuck and Sue surely gets my support at 11 these days. Also at 5pm I turned my channel to Rosanna and Ernie. What is quite interesting to me that my mom loves and watches Judge Judy but she come home tired and fall asleep during the last 10 minutes of the show which leads into CBS2 News at 5.

I see your point with showing all four to start; but I just don't get the wide shots in general. Even, say, at noon and 5PM, when they just have the news anchors at the desk, they show a super-wide shot of the desk and then take a camera straight on for a tight zoom.

First, stations need to stop using mobile tripod cameras like boom cameras. It looks shaky and pathetic for a professional organization.

Second, whoever is controlling the zooms over there needs to be taught the art of 'smoothness.'

Showdown--can't agree with you more. WCBS/s newscasts started going downhill in ratings ever since Dana Tyler was promoted to weekdays from weekends, first to replace Carol Martin and then Michele Marsh. I have said in posts repeatedly that WCBS will not have any good ratings as long as she's at that station. Its clear people dont' want to watch her. Did any one of her newscasts ever rate number one for a month. Okay, a week? Or ever number two? They should have fired her years ago.

Another annoying thing they do happens when the reporters throws it back to the studio. The anchors would say for example: "Ok, Dave" or "All right Sean" or they don't say anything. It is completely random. What is so hard saying "Thank you" or "thanks" ?!?!

And a question for canitgetanyworse: Since you always seem to obtain the numbers, how is CBS2 News doing in the ratings given their new anchor shifts has been on for about a month now (particularly 12Noon and 11pm)?

Another annoying thing they do happens when the reporters throws it back to the studio. The anchors would say for example: "Ok, Dave" or "All right Sean" or they don't say anything. It is completely random. What is so hard saying "Thank you" or "thanks" ?!?!

And a question for canitgetanyworse: Since you always seem to obtain the numbers, how is CBS2 News doing in the ratings given their new anchor shifts has been on for about a month now (particularly 12Noon and 11pm)?

Yes, I was wondering how did CBS did on July Sweeps?

Yes, I was wondering how did CBS did on July Sweeps?

There are no july "sweeps". Sweeps take place in February, May, September and November. ;-)

Archived