Gray Bidding on TEGNA - $8.5 BILLION (UPDATE: They're out)

TSSZNews
Message added by Weeters

Keep speculation in the speculation board. Do not post speculation here.

No foaming.

These threads have a history of getting out of hand WAY too fast. I will start handing out bans if people cannot control their emotions.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, newsbot said:

I wonder if the banks will start pulling back their support for the surviving bids, too, with the credit markets in freefall.

I just realized that TegCoxPollo is going to be one of the worst nightmares for the networks: ABC's largest affiliate, CBS's two largest affiliates and Fox's largest affiliate all under one roof.  This...might be a good thing.

22 minutes ago, scrabbleship said:

I just realized that TegCoxPollo is going to be one of the worst nightmares for the networks: ABC's largest affiliate, CBS's two largest affiliates and Fox's largest affiliate all under one roof.  This...might be a good thing.

This could be a problem in the Jacksonville TV market, with Tegna owning WTLV and WJXX, Apollo -  Cox  owning WFOX and SSA WJAX TV.

4 hours ago, newsbot said:

I wonder if the banks will start pulling back their support for the surviving bids, too, with the credit markets in freefall.

3 hours ago, scrabbleship said:

And given that all the Private Equity firms just have so much money to the point where the banks may not be as big of a factor for them as what it might be with Byron Allen.

Archived