CBS 2 Studio Needs to Change!

cbsnewsfan

I love watching CBS 2 News. It is the only channel I watch for news. But I need to make a comment on their studio. Ever since April when they changed the opening and logo, the background is always a night theme. They really should change it, as this is a very high-tec studio. Not to mention their logo - They need to box-in the temperature and time!

I think the set is fine the way it is. Much better than when they first debuted it in 2003. The background of the desk set isn't night to my eye but just the blue like it was before. KYW was doing this with their last set, using their blue background for both day and night.

Their current set in no way denotes the time of day. They should use the projection screen more often if they are going to keep it in the studio. They can change the picture whenever they want and it would be an upgrade from the bland backdrop that debuted when they went HD.

It is better than the old 6/11pm backdrop or the plain blue that they used for so long.

WABC's has a much better backdrop. Its even brighter than WNBC's 6:00 and 11:00 set. Ever since they rebuilt it if you notice closely it does include the Empire State building at the very end.

Forget the studio at CBS 2, start with the whole building itself. I know it would cost a crazy amount of money to rebuild, but it's time! Implode the whole block at west 57th and start over. Or just move to a better location! All that money, and the news room still looks like it did back in 1980! What a dump!

Archived