Will you watch "Anchorwoman"?

NewzPimpin

I have very mixed opinions on the show.

I read on another website that a lot of people thought the regular 5pm anchor was really overreacting and kind of an anchor diva. I have to completely disagree with that. I can't say I'd be too happy with Lauren Jones showing up in my newsroom if we already had credibility issues. Jones is just two steps back for the station and in the long run, will do nothing but a disservice to them.

But the main gripe I have is the credibility issue for all journalists. This, in my opinion, is a funny profession. There's only so much schooling you can have to become a better journalists. Really good journalists probably don't need much of any. In this field, you really learn by doing, however, making a mockery of it is not the way to do it, which judging by the first episode, is what Jones was doing.

Another big thing that bothered me about the show was her completely played up stupidity, especially when she completely messed up that newsroom live shot by dancing in the background. I'd like to believe she has much more intelligence than she's letting on.

A couple quick observations:

I'm glad she helped confirm that, no, not everybody can do the news.

And, what a putz--she'd be lucky to last at the smallest market--but I wouldn't be surprised to see her show up reading news SOMEWHERE.

Quote of the episode, from the ND: "Now, which anchor do you see wearing clothes like that?"

LJ: (blank stare, smiles, long pause): Nobody. (giggles)

The series bombed with a 1.0 in the 18-49 demo. Wow.

The show WAS stupid, and as someone else said, boring.

Yeah, there's only so much you can do with that. Diva with no experience anchoring the news, wacky hijinks ahoy!

Oh well. There's only room for one diva at KYTX B)

This show had no chance against a very hot Drew Carey. Looking at zap2it's writeup on the ratings, Lauren had the attention of about twice as many eyeballs during her five weeks as a one-off Barker's Beauty vs. one night on FOX as "Anchorwoman".

Perhaps the twain shall meet. But for now, add another disastrous failure to the off-network cyberspace burn-off pile.

So Fox Cancelled the show....good for them. I knew it was going to happen.

"I actually saw the entire first episode, and it seemed more like an episode of Murphy Brown, except it was produced for UPN."

Archived