WITI-TV Will be getting O&O Graphics and Set.

Weeters

Here a link to the WTVT Studio Cam,

http://media.myfoxtampabay.com/cams/studio.html

WTVT website has a small gray tab at the top of webpage. Studio cam shound be there.

Yeah....you can chat with John Wilson (during the newscast[!])....he's one of the true good guys on TV.

Did they ever say anything about INN*D?

Here a link to the WTVT Studio Cam,

http://media.myfoxtampabay.com/cams/studio.html

WTVT website has a small gray tab at the top of webpage. Studio cam shound be there.

Yeah....you can chat with John Wilson (during the newscast[!])....he's one of the true good guys on TV.

Did they ever say anything about INN*D?

He said he'd look later. ;D

Brad said he doesn't have time to watch internet newscasts. I told him that's probably a good thing, and he probably wouldn't like them anyways. ::)

• 4 weeks later...

I missed the beginning of the newscast, but looks like as of tonight, they've started to use a version of the O&O graphics.

I note that they're still using the classic FOX 6 NEWS horizontal logo (instead of the vertical O&O standard logo). They did update it to have the word FOX upon a red background and the 6 with a blue background. (For comparison, the previous logo had FOX in black upon a white background, and the 6 in white upon a red background.) The FOX 6 logo then "morphs" to the "myFOX Milwaukee" logo, then morphs back, about every 15 seconds.

Other than that, they look pretty standard... they're the "older" more typical style, not the version that WJBK developed. The L3's have the expected animated background, but no animated transition in or out, which is a definite downgrade from most. They're also continuing to use a TON of the in-house developed graphics, which are very amateurish particularly compared to the O&O graphics.

From a set perspective, they've replaced the backdrop behind the Sports portion of the set with an O&O backdrop, but that's the only change to the set. If they plan to piecemeal update bits and pieces of the set by tacking on O&O themed items, that will be incredibly disappointing. The set needs a full makeover, not just bolt on "kitch."

The logo could be awesome without the yellow line on it. And it'd be cool if the logo animation said MyFoxMilwaukee.COM instead of just the MyFoxMilwaukee logo.. So I don't know, I'm not too crazy about this O&O look or how this new logo has just been slapped over everything like lipstick on a pig. Sure the newscast is only eleven minutes in, but I'm not impressed.

My guess is that they would get the stacked logo when they build the new set.

I wonder if WakeUp will have anything different to offer...

I note that they're using the 3-line L3 "template" if you will, even if they are only using two lines of it. It's not a good look... it leaves an odd-looking gradient line above the L3 just hanging around.

I also don't like the graphics that wrap around the "tease" before the commercial (sorry, not sure what those would be called). They are very cluttered and just very distracting. They might be slightly better if they had an O&O set which is naturally very dark, which might lend the graphics a bit more contrast, but as it stands, they just seem to blend in with the set.

I note that they're using the 3-line L3 "template" if you will, even if they are only using two lines of it. It's not a good look... it leaves an odd-looking gradient line above the L3 just hanging around.

I agree. I have some video I'll upload later.

They changed the duratran behind the news desk to this God-awful purple thing.

Well... this is rather disappointing, yet somehow everything I expected of WITI. Instead of using the very attractive and functional FOX O&O set design, let's just bolt on a bunch of duratrans to our tired looking existing set.

They crowed last night about their emmy noms, and they might have a decent news department... it just doesn't look like it based on the product you see on the air.

Archived