NBC Today ... 4th Hour .... Who's airing it ...

susquvalleywgal

It's not really NY centric, but you have to realize hat seeing as NYC is the largest city, and the show is based there, it obviously will mention NY to some extent. That's like you saying that all the entertainment shows are too LA centric.

Speaking of which, KNBC has pretty much everything covered on the midday news department. Naturally, all entertainment shows have been bumped to 12 Noon, starting with "iVillage." NBC4 has postponed yourLA for the time being to make way for Martha Stewart at 2, followed by a double dose of "Crosswords" at 3. Other than that, it's 8 solid hours of news and talk from 4AM to 12 Noon. I'm sure some of the other stations have adapted to this news format as well.

NBC has nothing right now. I suggest putting the second two hours on one of the NBC cable networks. Take one hour, and make two half-hour game shows...they're considering a syndicated Deal or No Deal...just put it on the daytime schedule, and put a second show as a companion.

Take the other hour and make two new soap operas. Four hours of "Today" is just overkill, at least on the same network. At least TRY to have a diverse schedule. All NBC has is "Today" and "Days of Our Lives".

Or give the hour to the stations to put whatever they want, with the soap going on the O&O's and any other station that wants it.

WKYC's new schedule:

7-10:Today

10-11: Good Company (local show)

11-12: Today show final hour

12-12:30: Channel 3 News Midday

WKYC used to have their midday report at 11. It will be interesing to see how the noon broadcast does against WEWS, WJW and WOIO.

Also: I'm surprised Good Company was not canceled. If anyone here has seen it, you'll know what I mean.

It's not really NY centric, but you have to realize hat seeing as NYC is the largest city, and the show is based there, it obviously will mention NY to some extent. That's like you saying that all the entertainment shows are too LA centric.

Speaking of which, KNBC has pretty much everything covered on the midday news department. Naturally, all entertainment shows have been bumped to 12:30, starting with Access Hollywood. NBC4 has postponed "iVillage" and yourLA for the time being to make way for Martha Stewart at 2, followed by a double dose of "Crosswords" at 3. Other than that, it's 8 solid hours of news and talk from 4AM to 12 Noon. I'm sure some of the other stations have adapted to this news format as well.

because most places would not have enuf news in a month to cover all those hours per day. how much repetition is there? my guess, a lot. How much fluff is there? (talk to WTSP if you need ideas for fluff).

Sorry to go a bit off topic but it's related to the subject. Looking at my satellite schedule for tommorrow it shows that WCAU is running an hour of informercials from Noon-1pm. Now that is setting a new low for a Top 5 station especially a network O&O.

Don't feel bad. KXAS runs the 4th hr of Today at 10am. It had dumped the miserable "NBC 5 DFW Today" newscast from 10-11am. At 11am, "Recipe TV" runs, and an infomercal from 11.30 until Noon.

Sorry to go a bit off topic but it's related to the subject. Looking at my satellite schedule for tommorrow it shows that WCAU is running an hour of informercials from Noon-1pm. Now that is setting a new low for a Top 5 station especially a network O&O.

Don't feel bad. KXAS runs the 4th hr of Today at 10am. It had dumped the miserable "NBC 5 DFW Today" newscast from 10-11am. At 11am, "Recipe TV" runs, and an infomercal from 11.30 until Noon.

KNSD airs informercials from noon to 1pm. I think it's only for this week until iVillage premiere's on September 17th.

KSNF (which was a suprising move, IMO) picked up the 4th hour where in it's normal spot. They totally realinged the programming schedule, and put Friends (was at 3) in after the last hour of Today followed by Everybody Loves Raymond (was at 3:30) then there's the noon news, Montel is now at 2 (was at 10) and Rachel Ray is at 3 (was at 11). I'm kinda suprised (but I'm sure the dollars are there) that they kept paid programming at 12:30...I was hoping to see a syndicated show slide in there, or even an extra half hour of the noon show (not that they could fill it)

• 1 month later...

WSAZ Television 3 in Huntington-Charleston WV runs the fourth hour from 2-3pm.

Since there are some stations that run Hour Four in the pm, might it not be a good idea for Ann Curry and the rest to stop saying "good morning" or "this morning" during that hour and say "hello" or "today" instead? A simple "hi" or "hello" doesn't seem to be a problem for Katie Couric.

...might it not be a good idea for Ann Curry and the rest to stop saying "good morning" or "this morning" during that hour and say "hello" or "today" instead?

Speaking of that, Ann did her infamous "Meredith and Matt good morning good morning everyone" again this morning ;D

...might it not be a good idea for Ann Curry and the rest to stop saying "good morning" or "this morning" during that hour and say "hello" or "today" instead?

Speaking of that, Ann did her infamous "Meredith and Matt good morning good morning everyone" again this morning ;D

And yet she wonders why she was not chosen to replace Katie as the main anchor when she left last year. ::). Ann is one of the very few people of NBC News that I cannot stand. She stumbles over her words, she is repetitive and her voice sounds like a train ran over her voicebox. Not to mention that she has no personality and is very dull, most of the time she looks like she is bitter. I think that the fourth hour of the TODAY show will get canned by next year, it just seems too boring to stick around past the third hour let alone the fourth but let's see what happens

Why Ann didn't replace Katie (I'll admit I wanted her to at first if for no other reason that the last major change at TODAY 10 years ago; when Bryant Gumbel left, they went in-house and promoted Matt Lauer):

Ann Curry = Wallflower

Archived