NBC Today ... 4th Hour .... Who's airing it ...

susquvalleywgal

It's crazy how The Today Show is going 4 hours. BTW if you're living in the Central, Mountain or perhaps the Pacific Time Zone, the fourth hour depending on your local station if it does air it at 10am, they will be competing with The View & The Price Is Right.

WMAQ is airing the fourth hour at 10am and moving Martha Stewart to 12pm after boring ass iVillage Live. They also moved Days of our Lives (now the only soap on NBC) from 2pm to 1pm in place of the new game show call Merv Griffin's Crosswords.

KNSD in San Diego will air the TODAY show without interruptions.

7am-11am: TODAY show

11am: Ken Kramer's About San Diego (replaces a mid morning newscast)

Noon: iVillage Live. ;)

Which stations are airing the 4th hour of Today, which begins Monday ...

WGAL is adding it of course ..... they are moving Rachael Ray to 2PM.

-- Matt

no offense to any who like the show=====

what creativity, one more hour of the same crap about NY. At least Law and Order came up with different titles for the same show. And net officials wonder why people are not watching network tv as they used to watch.

Why dont they call it the today network?

NBC has nothing right now. I suggest putting the second two hours on one of the NBC cable networks. Take one hour, and make two half-hour game shows...they're considering a syndicated Deal or No Deal...just put it on the daytime schedule, and put a second show as a companion.

Take the other hour and make two new soap operas. Four hours of "Today" is just overkill, at least on the same network. At least TRY to have a diverse schedule. All NBC has is "Today" and "Days of Our Lives".

WCAU is airing the 4th hour in its proper 10AM position (as is mandated for O&Os, I believe) and is moving their in-house produced train wreck show "10!" to 11AM.

Sorry to go a bit off topic but it's related to the subject. Looking at my satellite schedule for tommorrow it shows that WCAU is running an hour of informercials from Noon-1pm. Now that is setting a new low for a Top 5 station especially a network O&O. Why can't WCAU do what they did last year until ivillage premiered, by airing the NBC 10 Video Vault.

NBC needs to stop shoving TODAY down our throats, it's bad enough that WESH in Orlando and other NBC affiliates put off the last hour of TODAY to 10-11am because they want to show Live with Regis and Kelly live. I wish WESH and the other affiliates had the power to just tell NBC to take the 3rd and 4th hour of TODAY and shove it. I normally watch GMA, Good Day Philadelphia, or WFTV's Eyewitness News This Morning on WRDQ anyway.

WCAU is airing the 4th hour in its proper 10AM position (as is mandated for O&Os, I believe) and is moving their in-house produced train wreck show "10!" to 11AM.

Sorry to go a bit off topic but it's related to the subject. Looking at my satellite schedule for tommorrow it shows that WCAU is running an hour of informercials from Noon-1pm. Now that is setting a new low for a Top 5 station especially a network O&O. Why can't WCAU do what they did last year until ivillage premiered, by airing the NBC 10 Video Vault.

It's filler until "In the Loop with iVillage" premieres next week.

It's not really NY centric, but you have to realize hat seeing as NYC is the largest city, and the show is based there, it obviously will mention NY to some extent. That's like you saying that all the entertainment shows are too LA centric.

Not NY centric? think about it.

Worse than the NY am shows is the Live with Regis and sexy idiot show. Does anyone outside of NY care to hear that much "news" about NY? I love the town of Seattle, but I would not want 5 hours of news about it 5 days per week.

btw, "entertainment shows" are not LA centric, they are idiot centric. Who gives two craps about people who live in a fake world, spend money they never had, wear stupid outfits (call it fashion), starve themselves (not Oprah), etc. The whole town of LA is full of fake. People who care to live their lives vicariously through the supposed lives of "celebrities" are idiotic, and therefore, centric to the LA "entertainment shows". And, the shows are centric to, of, and for those people.

As an NBC O&O, KNTV will carry all four hours of Today from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., and the 10:00 a.m. newscast moves to 11:00 a.m.

Interestingly enough, KCRA in Sacramento won't be airing the fourth hour of Today at all. They already tape-delay the third hour of Today to run after Live with Regis and Kelly at 9:00, and then air "The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet" at 11:00.

KNSD in San Diego will air the TODAY show without interruptions.

7am-11am: TODAY show

11am: Ken Kramer's About San Diego (replaces a mid morning newscast)

Noon: iVillage Live. :)

The 11am Ken Kramer's About San Diego will only air Monday Mornings followed by jeopardy. Looks like KNSD is dropping its 10am newscast

Tues thru Thursday will Be Access Hollywood at 11am followed by Jeopardy with Paid Programming at Noon then Days at 1. Martha replaces Passions at 2pm

Fri - Streetside San Diego (in house show) will air at 11am

In my opinion KNSD should replace the hour of Access Hollywood an Jeopardy with a NBC 7/39 News at noon or 11am

At 10:00 AM, WPMI in Mobile will be airing "Today's" new hour, competing against "The Price is Right" (WKRG), "The View" (WEAR), "Matlock" (WALA), "The Steve Wilkos Show" (WJTC), and "A Different World" (WBPG). Due to the addition of a fourth hour and the departure of "Passions" from NBC, "Live with Regis & Kelly" and "The Martha Stewart Show" will air at 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM respectively.

Looks like more viewers in the Mobile region will finally get to see "Live with Regis & Kelly" after years of competition with "The Price is Right". WALA, which once aired "Live", continues to see "Matlock" as a good competitor at 10:00 AM after the move from 8:00 AM due to "The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet". Mobile-Pensacola is an interesting TV market, isn't it?

Archived