Who are the best female anchors in your market...both past and present...

currie555

KOCO in Oklahoma City, OK (ABC Affiliate)

Jessica Schambach is one the most professional, sparkling, energetic anchors I've ever seen. Her voice is crystal clear, her warmth is astounding, and she is as beautiful as any movie-star. One show and you're hooked for life.

I would have to agree with you okcnews. Jessica Schambach is an up and coming anchor. I do think the best news anchor to ever grace the OKC market was Patti Suarez. I grew up in OKC and I had a crush on her. When she was on KWTV the ratings on that station often doubled that of KFOR and KOCO. I also think Amy McCree currently on KWTV is also good.

In Hampton Roads, it ain't Babs (Ciara)...

Seriously, best in Market 42 include...

Diana Morgan (WAVY: 1981-89): Had the looks, very popular, then the show-biz bug bit

Alveta Ewell (WAVY: 1989?-present; previously at WVEC): The ultimate professional

Kerri Furey (WAVY/WVBT: 2000?-present): Rising star, can't wait to see her return from maternity leave

Cheryl Tan (WAVY/WVBT: 200?-present): Best pinch-hitter anchor on staff if they need someone (consider how WAVY's anchor line-up has been thrown in-flux recently)

Jane Gardner (WTKR: 1990-98; previously at WVEC): Professional, came across almost grandmotherly, worked well with the late Ed Hughes

Regina Mobley (WVEC: 199?-present): Up there with Ewell in professionalism

Kerri Furey (WAVY/WVBT: 2000?-present): Rising star, can't wait to see her return from maternity leave

She's been back since Monday.

Stephanie Harris and Vanessa Coria are also good... I see them as rising stars.

Archived