Deborah Norville

justin2kx

The other day I saw Deborah Norville on The View and she talked about her new book "Thank You Power" and she talks about how she overcame obstacles from her low point at the Today Show to becoming a successful host on Inside Edition. She also talked about how the press was harsh on her stint for "pushing Jane Pauley out" and "using her pregnancy as a stint for ratings" which was to her untrue. It had me asking these questions:

>Do you remember her stint on the Today show?

>Was it disastrous as the press claimed or was that she had an unfair share because she was doing her job?

>Did she personally "pushed out" Jane Pauley or did she really leave the show? or did she get "fired"?

>If Meredith Vieira did not get the job, would Deborah fit in at the right time?

>How do you compare Deb's stint on Today to Katie's stint on the CBS Evening News? Are there any comparisons or contrasts?

>What is the current state of women in general in the world of journalism?

>Do you think she is better off where she is now on Inside Edition or could she take her career to another level?

Despite what Ava Nieves says, women seem to advance more in the business than men, most often due to attractiveness. When it comes to women in journalism these days, there are less women who are anchors for their intelligence and credibility, and more that are on for their boobs and faces. Women definitely get away with a lot more it seems when it comes to intelligence and credibility, especially if they have blonde hair and double D's.

I agree. I'd like to add that seems to be true in American society in general recently.

I agree with these observations. Men may stay on the air longer (into their 50s and 60s) but women get promoted faster at a younger age due to their attractiveness. Cable news especially has been very favorable to women.

>Do you remember her stint on the Today show? No.

>Was it disastrous as the press claimed or was that she had an unfair share because she was doing her job? N/A

>Did she personally "pushed out" Jane Pauley or did she really leave the show? or did she get "fired"? Pauley wanted to work in primetime and wanted out of Today.

>If Meredith Vieira did not get the job, would Deborah fit in at the right time? I don't think so.

>How do you compare Deb's stint on Today to Katie's stint on the CBS Evening News? Are there any comparisons or contrasts? N/A

>What is the current state of women in general in the world of journalism? Despite what Ava Nieves says, women seem to advance more in the business than men, most often due to attractiveness. When it comes to women in journalism these days, there are less women who are anchors for their intelligence and credibility, and more that are on for their boobs and faces. Women definitely get away with a lot more it seems when it comes to intelligence and credibility, especially if they have blonde hair and double D's.

>Do you think she is better off where she is now on Inside Edition or could she take her career to another level? She's fine on Inside Edition.

My answers are in bold.

My answer to if Pauley was fired is bold and italicized.

The other day I saw Deborah Norville on The View and she talked about her new book "Thank You Power" and she talks about how she overcame obstacles from her low point at the Today Show to becoming a successful host on Inside Edition. She also talked about how the press was harsh on her stint for "pushing Jane Pauley out" and "using her pregnancy as a stint for ratings" which was to her untrue. It had me asking these questions:

Yes. She was really quite vacuous. Not a lot has changed, including the Mary Hart-rivalling voice. She did a lot of teleprompt-reading, a lot of sacharrine banter with Bryant and giggling.

>Was it disastrous as the press claimed or was that she had an unfair share because she was doing her job?

Yes. It was not a stunning success by any means. America wants someone with at least SOME brains/wit as its NBC Today anchor. Yes, America saw a barbie doll and switched off.

>Did she personally "pushed out" Jane Pauley or did she really leave the show? or did she get "fired"?

This has been documented by Jane. Yeah, Jane did feel kind of marginalized with Deb at the desk as well, and the show becoming a kind of triple-act. In that sense, yeah, she did "push" Jane out. But, hey, if the boss offers you a seat at the desk, are you going to turn it down?

>If Meredith Vieira did not get the job, would Deborah fit in at the right time?

No. Never. Nada. No.

>How do you compare Deb's stint on Today to Katie's stint on the CBS Evening News? Are there any comparisons or contrasts?

Uhhh, not really. America is fine with a woman in the morning, just the RIGHT woman in the morning. The right kind of woman (not a barbie doll). The evening news> perhaps no, America is not accepting of a woman anchor at 6:30pm, telling them about Iraq, etc. They prefer the smooth tones of an old man's voice to tell them about that stuff.

>Do you think she is better off where she is now on Inside Edition or could she take her career to another level?

Inside Edition suits her talents and IQ about right, I would say.

• 1 month later...

Successful? Inside Edition? Come on Inside Edition isn't news, it's tabloid television at its finest, in fact if it was in print form you'd see it next to the 99 cent tic-tacks at your supermarket checkout.

Archived