GMA already getting a new set?

SevenHD

It looks like since Sunday Good Morning America has been broadcating in a temp. set. Similary to how it was done exactly two years ago. I just don't get why they are chnging it already and it looked so nice. I would have excpected that set to go on for at least another 5 years. I hope their new one is not as Modern as the Today Show.

They are probably just making it a darker orange so that it can match the graphics. Today I noticed a new "Good Morning America" logo on both the desk and the window backdrop behind the anchors as well.

That's only their temporary set which I think is on the first floor. The headline news is being done where World News is.

I'm guessing Nightline now will be tapped in Washington all week because of the renovations or at ABC News headquaters.

Seven, I think I can help you out here a bit, but don't quote me on all points because I can't be sure but.. 1) First, I am not sure there is any "temporary" set and it certainly is not on the first floor. If you notice while at the new main desk (where they open the first two half hours) the couch area is off to the right where they do "Around the Watercooler" for instance. 2) Yes, there is some construction outside the building so that may be why the window is no longer visible from main desk area to hide any scaffolding. However, I for one, am sick of all these "windows on the world" and all these stupid people waving signs, etc. Just give me the news! Maybe covering the window for the first hour is there way of staying serious to the issues and waiting for the second hour to loosen up a bit. I can only hope. 3) I have not seen the headline news being done from the World News set when I watched, but I suppose that is possible. 4) Nightline is not taped at the Times Square studio. It is done live at their headquarters on the UWS of Manhattan and in D.C. 5) The Times Square studio is not owned by ABC or Disney, but rather is just leased space. I work in Times Square and you have certainly piqued my interest though. Perhaps I will make a point to walk by in the morning to investigate.

You are right. They have made some changes. The couch area is now in front of a window. Robin said something about them trying a few things out, as if they were not sure some of the changes were going to stick. Funny thing though, I always thought the couch was in front of the window.

5) The Times Square studio is not owned by ABC or Disney, but rather is just leased space. I work in Times Square and you have certainly piqued my interest though. Perhaps I will make a point to walk by in the morning to investigate.

Incorrect - the studio space is owned by Times Square Studios, Ltd., which is a Limited Liability Corporation and wholly owned by The Walt Disney Corporation.

5) The Times Square studio is not owned by ABC or Disney, but rather is just leased space. I work in Times Square and you have certainly piqued my interest though. Perhaps I will make a point to walk by in the morning to investigate.

Incorrect - the studio space is owned by Times Square Studios, Ltd., which is a Limited Liability Corporation and wholly owned by The Walt Disney Corporation.

Thats right, the complex is owned by Walt Disney and ABC.

http://studioservices.go.com/

Archived