FNC refreshes...again!!

KKyuubi

Why is there a difference between the font in the subject banner of Special Report, The Belway Boys and the font in the subject banner of the other programs? (FNL, Studio B, BIG Story, etc.)

Also... the ALERT L3 looks awful, must be adjusted to the position of the FNC logo.

The ALERT ones look good, but for some reason, they have changed it from originally popping above the new logo to just being beside it, which does look a little less professional. On the program issues, FNL does the ugly 5 mile font, but occasionally they appear to get it wrong (i.e. your uploaded image), and the Washington D.C. programs have appeared to stay with the classic font, not the newer one.

Overall, the graphics refresh seems to have replace about everything, including the "FOX Weather Alert" graphic, which FNC seems to have kept from 2003 or earlier for quite awhile before now,

**Seems that the channel changed the font on the time/channel part of the logo, taller and skinnier

One thing I do like though >> This morning on America's Newsroom, they kept the news ticker on during the commercials, like CNBC does. I like that, and I hope they continue it. Finally, something to watch during the boring ad breaks.

One thing I do like though >> This morning on America's Newsroom, they kept the news ticker on during the commercials, like CNBC does. I like that, and I hope they continue it. Finally, something to watch during the boring ad breaks.

The one thing about their use of the scroller during commercials, it almost seems to fit better in most of them compared to what MSNBC has done in the past. If anything, it does seem to pull the channel together better, and I thought I was crazy when I noticed this a few days ago.

The weird thing about those new graphics, though I didn't see them in action, some of the type faces have a CBS News feel to them, like "On the Phone" or "Coming Up". Either way, I already setup the Tivo to record some of the morning hours on FNC to see the studio Jane Skinner used and the new feel of Studio B.

Wow, though some of the style turns my off personally, the flowing of the effects is rather amazing, if the rest can become this smooth, maybe we'll have a good new look to the network!

Also notice... the decreasing use of studio B. Not a long time ago H&C, FNL, Big Story, Studio B were settled there, now the only programs which are being broadcasted from B are F&F and Studio B... Even the 12p and the 2p edition of FNL aren't broadcasted from B anymore ???

Well, the studio is showing age after being used for some many years, not to mention the network is shifting towards more studios and (hopefully) a refresh of Studio B in the future. If anything, I recorded some of the hours of FNC this morning and, in all honesty, Jane Skinner looked great in the different studio, though I don't know which one it is.

Wow, definitely didn't expect that, but yeah, I'd agree it looks like a dump, alike to the studio Fox & Friends used to host in. If anything, I can just hope and pray that Shepard isn't dreaming and they are condemning the studio, it just doesn't suit the channel anymore. If anything, it looked pretty good alongside the graphics in some older clips, search "Fox News Earthquake" on YouTube for example.

• 2 weeks later...

Now FNC has renewed the LOCATION/TIME sign... they've moved it to the upper left of the screen... Obviously the LIVE-bug isn't visible when it is on :-\

It's an interesting concept, and probably is a nice effect for taped programming on the network vs. the old fashion black box in the corner or wherever it was now

Archived