Marc Howard to retire Friday

tazz765

At least he'll get some sort of send-off. He being the catalyst for the sweeping changes that took place at channel 3. However, it was a disaster from day one. Starting when he signed off with "and for the entire Action News team". Things got worse, he gave a candid interview to Philly magazine where trashed channel 3's ratings. Then the ratings plummeted. The pulled him off the 11 o'clock news and paired him with the bland Denise Saunders at 4pm. Things improved when they got rid of her in favor of Alycia Lane, then Angella Russell.

I hope his career at channel 3 doesn't overshadow his great accomplishments at Action News. He will definately be missed.

Maybe they'll add Chris May at 4pm. I know they just hired him for weekends, but I really don't know who else besides Mente that can fill that slot.

This has been suggested here in the past, so it's not original to me.

Doug Kammerer, FTW? Yes, he's a meteo, but he's got the chops to sit behind the desk.

they might even pull a reporter to fill the void.

The only male reporters I can seeing doing it would Todd Quinones, Jamie Smith, and possibly Jim Osman. Unless they do like they do on weekend mornings and go with an all female anchor team.

Archived