WMBB prerecords weekend 10 PM newscast...

ProButtonPusher

WMBB here in Panama City did something they hadn't done before...pretaped the 10PM newscast (atleast on sunday)...here is a screen cap:

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8827/snapshot20071209sx4.png

could MG be cutting back because of the impending sale?

and another question...

are any newscasts in your market pretaped?

WMBB here in Panama City did something they hadn't done before...pretaped the 10PM newscast (atleast on sunday)...here is a screen cap:

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8827/snapshot20071209sx4.png

could MG be cutting back because of the impending sale?

and another question...

are any newscasts in your market pretaped?

My co-anchor and I often joke about this on the weekends, but boy, I didn't think any markets actually did this...

It happens a lot more often than you might think, though some stations will pre-tape only portions of their newscasts. In my market one competitor tapes weekend sports on a regular basis, and the other will tape their 11pm newscast around 10, especially if football is on and there's a chance they'll run really late.

I live right in the middle of the Phoenix and Tucson markets, and can catch stations in both markets easily with an antenna.

KTVK in Phoenix will prerecord the 9pm newscast for Tucson's Fox affiliate KMSB if Fox has sports or something that's running late. What makes it interesting is that when it happens, you might see the weeknight meteorologist on both KTVK and KMSB at the same time talking about two different things (not to mention the temps on the Tucson newscast are way OFF).

KTVK=always live, KMSB=live most of the time except for sports,etc.

I know KTVF in Fairbanks pre-tapes their 10pm show. I don't know about the rest of Fairbanks. Here in Anchorage I assume everything is live.

Yes, KTVF does pre-tape their 11:00 news. But for a time in the early 2000s when Carla Browning was News Director, their newscast was LIVE at 11:00! And the sports segment is pre-taped at well .

KXD's news on the other hand is all the way live. Both stations follow the news/sports/weather format, but I prefer news/weather/sports because you know the weather is always the second most important part of the newscast. KXD at one time had the N/W/S format before switching to N/S/W.

Jonathan Allen

I should revize my one post about WLAJ, While they have returned to a live 30 minute 6,10,and 11pm news/sportscast, their weather is pre-taped at WWMT in K-Zoo (which dont help during severe weather, although the weather is titled "SEVERE WEATHER CENTER")

When I was at WYOU in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, they would tape the 11:00 newscast if a movie ran late, a sporting event that ran longer than planned, etc. They would do that to save on overtime. If there was breaking news, they would ignore it.

I know that in Canada, the CTV nightly news (an 11 pm show - there are few network shows at suppertime) as broadcast live to the Maritimes (10 pm eastern) but it really was the rehearsal show. The 11 pm eastern show goes live, but I know it was tape delayed to the rest of Canada.

Aping of late night weather is also common, especially where there's a newscast at noon featuring the meteorologist.

What about the Amnets? Do they tape delay the nightly news?

Archived