High School TV Stations

tvweatherman

We don't really have a TV station, but our classes do handle production of the football games (we're supposed to be making highlight videos which will be shown later), county board meetings, school board meetings, and other things such as geography bees at the elementary and middle schools.

I'm in Digital Media I, we have like... 3 classes (Digital Media I, II, and III). We don't have a daily school news program, but sometime this semester we're supposed to produce a live newscast.

We do not have a full production studio or control room, but our room is fairly large and can be fitted as a TV studio.

Equipment consists of 8 iMacs (5 of them are brand new, we just got them the other week) all with Final Cut Pro. We have three DV cameras, two Canon XL2s and a Sony (I'm not sure what model, it's HDV so it's referred to as "the HD camera").

There is also some other equipment too that I'm not sure what it is. We have switchers, sound boards, title makers, and stuff.

It was the one with the glass cubes. They knocked the bricks down and added a sold white panel in the back and glued a cheap wood "Tornado TV" logo on it. I loved the bricks...

Well this is Booker we're talking about Alex. :p

From the historic Newtown district of Sarasota... :o

This is true, lol

Although we don't have news music, we have WWSB's old set.

Sounds nice to be able to use a real set.

Sounds great to have a school with money.

Ironically which [generally] serves students in the poorest and most violent neighborhood of the county (Newtown is basically Sarasota's version of Compton). The set was donated, not purchased though. However I hear Booker does have an excellent performing arts program....

Our performing arts programs are good, but the funding is terrible. We in the TV department have slowly been getting some of the equipment we ordered last year. I don't know how much the other departments are getting. This is a side affect of Booker being a "D school".

Our city has a education channel, run out of the two high schools, though I think the main one is run out of Classical, I could be wrong.

However, I went to private school so I didn't fool with that. But then again, they don't really air any news, just tape programming on camcorders.

Archived