San Diego station to go Hi-Def

A3N

KFMB the CBS affiliate in San Diego will go Hi-Def in January. They are airing promos that announce that say that NEWS 8 San Diego's #1 newscast in HD COMING SOON. Good for them, I say it is about time :(. They are rumored to be getting a new set as well, dont know about the graphics. They could really use some good ones, though. :p

Yeah I saw the promo. Reminds me of the KTLA Promo's back in 1997 when they were going to debut its 1997-2004 Look.

Its like "The Next Big Thing is coming" and everyone is like "oooh" haha

Hopefully new graphics are coming...minus the annoying crawl. There is a new set in the works, since the current set is in no way capable of shooting in 16:9, as the anchors are WAY too close together. I still can't believe they dumped that Devlin Design Group set for the piece of crap they have now...

Hopefully new graphics are coming...minus the annoying crawl. There is a new set in the works, since the current set is in no way capable of shooting in 16:9, as the anchors are WAY too close together. I still can't believe they dumped that Devlin Design Group set for the piece of crap they have now...

Well that is true. The set they have is like a puzzle. They are able to build it using different pieces and everything(desk, interview set, etc) is sold individually.I just wonder if they are going to do what KGTV did and build the new set somewhere else in the building. the current studio is way too small. Hopefully they'll go back to a big studio and a weather center (the NEWS 8 era during the 90's) and i hope that the desk doesnt move, it gets annoying seeing the desk in different areas during the day.

Archived