Another CBS O&O Drops the 'Mandate'

bostonmediaguy

WWJ is interesting. They are committed to more local coverage even without a news department. Recently they aired a news special on Michigan's ties to China economically and culturally. You can watch it online. It is going to be interesting to see how it works.

Also in terms of them starting a news department. I can tell that the station director is not interested in anyway starting a news department. Their slogan for their 11 PM block is "no news is good news". Enough said.

WWJ is interesting. They are committed to more local coverage even without a news department. Recently they aired a news special on Michigan's ties to China economically and culturally. You can watch it online. It is going to be interesting to see how it works.

Also in terms of them starting a news department. I can tell that the station director is not interested in anyway starting a news department. Their slogan for their 11 PM block is "no news is good news". Enough said.

Their news special is "Michigan Matters" which airs on Saturdays at 11 a.m. I wonder if they could make it a daily program in the way KCET and KOCE does with "L.A. Life and Times" and "Real Orange", respectively. Nevertheless, it’s just a thought.

I think it looks ugly and a few decades too late.

Absolutely terrible. The slogan is bad too.

I actually disagree, it's kinda nice, goes good with the whole theme of Detroit. But hey, at least it's not a clone of WBZ's logo!

I actually disagree, it's kinda nice, goes good with the whole theme of Detroit. But hey, at least it's not a clone of WBZ's logo!

There's a difference. The WBZ logo is nice, easy to read, and works in a lot of situations.

This is just a throwback to 1970s station logos. And not the good ones.

Archived