Randy Salerno

cbs2worksforyou

Very sad news to hear. He was a passenger on a snowmobile when it crashed off the trail. They are now reporting alcohol and speed was a factor. A real loss for the Chicago market. The coverage this morning on WGN really suggests he was loved by everyone.

Wow. I would've never imagined. My prayers go out to Randy's family and CBS 2. Randy is a friend of my family, and this is a real loss for Chicago TV, as said. WIFR, WNYT, and WHOI are previous stations he worked for covered it. I didn't see it on WMBBs website, though he worked there. All of the Wausau stations covered it.

Wow, that is very sad. My whole family and I used to watch him on WGN. Watching his last sign off from thursday on CBS 2's website was kinda creepy and sad because little did everyone know it would be his last ever. I guess it just goes to show you how quickly someone can go, too bad it was him though. God bless you Randy, and my heart goes out to his friends, family, and Chicago.

This is just awful. Randy was such a good guy. My heart breaks for both his family at home and at CBS 2... it just doesn't seem real.

And on the business side of it, the blows just keep coming to Channel 2. Everything good the station had going for it has now been torn apart. I used to think Channel 2 had a great weekend team and morning team, but with the departure of Alita Guillen and now the untimely death of Randy Salerno, everything's up in the air again.

Who can possibly replace Randy and re-create the chemistry he had with Roseanne and the rest of the team? He was one-of-a-kind. An amazing wit minus the arrogance. A smooth, cool, authoritative delivery. A deep affection for his co-workers and the viewer that really showed even if he wasn't trying to show it. And a Chicagoland native who really knew his stuff. I'll miss him sumthin terrible and now I'm really glad I never deleted his gracious replies to emails I've sent him over the past couple years.

Who can possibly replace Randy and re-create the chemistry he had with Roseanne and the rest of the team? He was one-of-a-kind.

He most definitely was one-of-a-kind. CBS 2 Morning News wouldn't be what it has become without Randy. He brought life to the morning news which it never had before. He was the leader of the morning newscast that kept it flowing smootly. You could even notice a big difference in the newscast on the days Randy took off/vacation. It just wasn't the same.

Just like in those "Just The Thing" CBS 2 Morning News promos. (http://cbs2chicago.com/video/[email protected]) Randy was the driver of the car. I wonder if CBS 2 will ever use that song for their morning promos again.. The song is great reminder of Randy Salerno. I think there are still a few billboards and CTA bus/train ad posters up around the city showing Randy Salerno and Roseanne Tellez for CBS 2 Morning News.

I keep thinking hard of who can replace Randy on the morning newscast but there's nobody in this market that matches up to him and that I can see having the same chemistry that he had with the morning news team. CBS 2 may have to go out of market for this one. However, with Randy gone, is CBS 2 going to continue the same morning news style/format it has now or will they change it for a new anchor? We'll just have to wait and see..

I'm not from Chicago, but my thoughts and prayers are with Randy, his friends, and his family. This is a terrible thing to happen to anyone. Hopefully, he's making everyone in Heaven laugh.

Archived