New KABC Weather Graphics

LosAngeles7

Perhaps it's because KABC's radar graphics weren't in HD or perhaps it is a sign of good things to come, but KABC has doubted a set of new graphics for the weather. They're an update to those used before and similar to those found in the Oprah ad on the website, but as one who watch the news might notice, it's a fairly dramatic update. The animations, in particular those for the high/low temperature graphic, are much different than the ones used before.

Watch a clip of the new graphics here: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/channel?section=weather/forecast&id=5750134

The new graphics look considerably sleeker and clean, which is a good thing...should KABC utilize these when the new graphics kick in...that would be a good thing...

which reminds me...when will the new gfx kick in....

I like the new graphics too, a lot. If you guys haven't seen the new backplate by itself without the weather theme in the way, they show it on the Time&Temp bumper on every newscast at the 30 minute mark.

It's Oscar Sunday and it's still sweeps, let's see what they have up their sleeves at 11pm.

I was watching Eyewitness News yesterday at six and noticed how in the Seven Day Forecast for downtown (under WED) it said "No Raines." When I checked this morning online, the exact graphic came up with the same temps and text, except it was changed to "No Rain." Not to suggest anything in particular, but considering the plural of rain is rains, I'm wondering if someone over at KABC is a little upset with Dallas..

Archived