KIRO HD

alaskanews

The thing I don't like about it is to the average "Joe Newswatcher" you don't see a station logo for a good 7 seconds in that open, which is a LONG time for a first time viewer/channel surfer to identify your product. In my mind you would want to see a logo, or hear Scott Chapin say something about KIRO-TV or KIRO 7. But that's just me and I'm working on 24 hours with no sleep... so I could just be talkin' out of my ass.

Their old graphics had been around since Super Bowl 2000 (I remember very vividly the night they debuted), and I think the set had been around since the mid-90s (barring a few updates). So definitely time for an update.

I like the open, or at least the fact that they're running a full length open again. This being KIRO, I wouldn't be surprised if they ditch it for a 3-second open by November.

Don't like the L3 though. The "KIRO 7" logo takes up too much room; they should only have the circle 7.

And what is it with the men shaving their mustaches? First it's Jeff Renner, and now Raible! PS what happened to Andy Wappler?

This package is very similar to KTVT and Media General. The L3s look like the other stations, just "flipped" around. I guess this type of style is working really well for Giant Octopus.

I like the opening and the transition graphics very much. However, I am not a fan of the Lower 3rds and I actually like the older thirds better. I agree and think the bug is way too big and I think just the "7" part of the logo would work well with that.

Overall a much needed upgrade for KIRO especially since they had the same graphics and set for as long as they did

Archived