Roseanne/Anne vs. Diann

Link

I liked the additions of Roseanne Tellez at 5:00 and Anne State at 6:00 this evening. The newscasts seemed much more down to earth and relaxed. The anchors felt comfortable with each other. I knew things would be better if they just got rid of Diann Burns. I hope their ratings improve even slightly just to show Diann wasn't worth all that money!

Yeah, Roseanne and Anne are great additions to the evening/late news race. Anne State is just top notch, and Rob seems more comfortable than alongside Diann Burns

Based on tonight's 10 p.m. newscast:

Anne is okay and may get better as she settles in. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed it, but (from time to time) she has this weird head movement thing going on as if she's wearing a neck brace or something.

Pregnant or not, Roseanne would have been a better choice at 5, 6, and 10 p.m. (or at the very least 5 & 10 p.m.). Also, Ryan Baker is fitting in well and seems happy to be at CBS2.

I thought overall that the newscast was weak and poorly produced. It could be that everyone was nervous and having an off night, but if this is the "new normal," they have a lot of work ahead of them.

I always thought Diann was kind of fake. It was like she was there to read the news, earn her big salary, and that was it. She didn't seem that way in her early days at channel 7. She was actually an enjoyable news personality back then...

Archived