KUSI-TV Reporter Rod Luck arrested

A3N

It was just shown on KFMB's 5pm newscast, and they are reporting that Rod Luck, a very popular reporter for KUSI-TV's morning newscasts since 1990, was arrested in San Francisco for domestic violence. More to come, as soon as a story is put up on any local tv website I'll link you to it. Nonetheless, I find it surprising that Rod would do such a thing. So in fairness I will wait until all the facts are out before making any assumptions on what happened.

Edit: Link to the article courtesy of KFMB-TV...http://www.cbs8.com/story.php?id=127692

If this happened in Tampa this would hardly be news....WTVT weekend AM met Andy Johnson once got arrested for hitting his live-in boyfriend and nearly throwing a vase at him and he was back on the air in no time. He's also had a DUI or two.

How do they do things in SD? I know down here you could probably murder someone and be back on air the following Monday....

I don't know what is going to happen to Rod, but I bet he is going to call in "sick" on monday. The funny thing is that Rod has missed like maybe a total of 3 or 4 days in ten years or so (or whenever KUSI's morning news started). He is not one to miss any days, and if he does get suspended, viewers will surely call in and complain. However, I highly doubt that Rod will get suspended, and the station will probably sweep it under the rug with the hopes that people will forget.

What in the hell is going on with anchors getting in trouble with the law?

Uh, Rod is NOT an anchor, he is a reporter and the issues with "News Personalities" getting in trouble is nothing new.

If this happened in Tampa this would hardly be news....WTVT weekend AM met Andy Johnson once got arrested for hitting his live-in boyfriend and nearly throwing a vase at him and he was back on the air in no time. He's also had a DUI or two.

How do they do things in SD? I know down here you could probably murder someone and be back on air the following Monday....

Meanwhile in Virginia, a guy having a live-in boyfriend alone would be enough to get him yanked off the air reguardless if its TV or even in radio !!

Back in the 90's I was working for a country music station in Harrisonburg, VA. One day they hired this new disc jockey. At the time he had a male roommate and the station pretty much told him that if he wanted that gig..get rid of the roommate !! He did.

KNSD said he listed his address in La Jolla but i know someone who lives a few houses down from him in Rancho Penasquitos. Hmm, im guessing he got divorced and sold the house then i guess? From what i heard is that he is a mean neighbor and always uses the loud speakerphone in his Blue Corvette to yell at the kids playing in the street to get out of the way.

I wonder what his daughter Melissa, who used to be a reporter and is now an Executive Producer at KXLY has to say about this.

KNSD said he listed his address in La Jolla but i know someone who lives a few houses down from him in Rancho Penasquitos. Hmm, im guessing he got divorced and sold the house then i guess? From what i heard is that he is a mean neighbor and always uses the loud speakerphone in his Blue Corvette to yell at the kids playing in the street to get out of the way.

I wonder what his daughter Melissa, who used to be a reporter and is now an Executive Producer at KXLY has to say about this.

I've heard the same thing about him, and i'm pretty sure that Rod does not live in La Jolla as i've heard that he lives in Rancho Penasquitos. People have told me that he is a real ass when you go up to talk to him. He seems all nice on camera, but off camera...watch out, he is a whole different person. I'm surprised that anyone is able to understand what he says since you can barely understand him and when you do, half of the things he says involves the word burrito. I don't know, but I wonder if this is the last straw for him? We'll see Monday morning.

An update, KUSI has put Rod Luck on an "Extended Leave of Absence" ...Which means that his days at KUSI are done.

From KFMB-TV...http://www.cbs8.com/stories/story.127933.html

KUSI's Rod Luck Placed On Extended Leave After Arrest

Last Updated:

05-13-08 at 1:41PM

KUSI reporter Rod Luck has been placed on an extended leave of absence after his recent arrest.

He was arrested Friday in San Francisco on misdemeanor domestic violence and battery charges.

Luck is accused of punching his girlfriend in the mouth while staying at a hotel.

KUSI News Director Steve Cohen says there's no timeline for the leave of absence.

Luck is a live reporter for Good Morning San Diego and Inside San Diego. He's been at KUSI since 1990.

Archived