A&E's new look

TennTV1983

I actually like it... guess I'm the oddball. The on-screen bug isn't intrusive, but it would look better without the aetv.com text.

Food Network needs an update. I'm guessing they'll keep the circle.

OMFG, Three Words

Ugly, Ugly and UGLY!!!!

I have to disagree with you, I love it our of all the re branding I seen over the the last few months. This is up there with Discovery. Now if you want see bad logos see WGN America and Animal Planet Now that some fugly looking logos that only a mother can love.

I have to disagree with you, I love it our of all the re branding I seen over the the last few months. This is up there with Discovery. Now if you want see bad logos see WGN America and Animal Planet Now that some fugly looking logos that only a mother can love.

The ampersand dislikes my taste in the new logo. It's kind of like a throw-off. I wished they should've kept the old one. I'm not too thrilled about these new cable network logo's going around. It's just when you see logos changing, more in likely they will change again in a short period of time, instead of keeping it on the long run.

Now if you want see bad logos see WGN America and Animal Planet Now that some fugly looking logos that only a mother can love.

I disagree with you on Animal Planet. I know they've been struggling for a while, but their new look (which they debuted in a few months ago)doesn't bother me at all, IMO. But, it'll take a little bit more time for me to get used to WGN America's new logo. That's all.

Is every cable television network are going to change their logos???

Yeah, unfortunately. Already I hate WGN's new logo and I found out about it TODAY.

Also, they utterly RAPED the A&E logo.

So... I'll give them points for deciding to actually update a logo than throwing it out for something new. A&E is not highbrow anymore and the logo did need to reflect it, so I do understand the need for the redone logo.

I don't do Photoshop mocks, but I did one to easily illustrate what they should have done - because unlike Animal Planet or Lifetime, they were just one step away from getting this design RIGHT:

AErevised.png

They made a mistake with that "E". The old logo's design worked because of the symmetricality of it. The elements felt balanced and unified. The straightened "E" throws it completely off-balance. I modified the edges of the "E" into an angle like in the old logo - and it looks a hell of a lot better.

now that i like better

I second that. I never thought much about the "E", even though the E on the new logo is tacky. I was looking more of the ampersand, since it's not lowered than the previous logos. They have changed the ampersand over they years, while keeping the classic A&E design. But since he explained it, now I get it clearly and thoroughly.

Archived