Don Dahler will anchor noon and 6pm newscasts

cbs2idiots

Steve Bartelstein picks up Dahler's weekend morning position.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2008/05/27/2008-05-27_readers_chuck_sc

arborough_and_sue_simmon.html

Actually Don does the weekend evenings and Steve does Weekend Mornings, You are confusing Don with Mary.

Steve will temporally anchor both shifts along with Mary.

Well we all saw this coming. Nobody honestly thought Don Dahler would leave his correspondent job at ABC News to be a weekend anchor for the local CBS newscast...and as lucky as Bartelstein is that WCBS is giving him a second shot at being on New York TV, we knew the station never intended to bury a popular name on weekend mornings.

Oh, SS, things have gone to hell in a handbasket. Last week at the crane collapse your hero Mr. Wragge anchored from the location in just a sport shirt - no jacket, no tie - just a blue and white checked shirt with 2 buttons open. And it wasn't a NY summer day - no humidity. Just a nice cool spring afternoon. You would have blushed for shame!

I still thought Chris looked professional with only a shirt. He did great job anchoring/reporting from the scene.

Back to the topic of Don Dahler, it's been a week since he started a noon and 6pm and I don't like him. How can they choose him of Jim?

Chris probably was out and about and wasn't dressed for work yet but scrambled to the scene...my guess. I don't mind a more casual approach to breaking news in the field.

I agree about Dahler, not a big fan of his either. Comes across very dry and stiff. Better for the weekends--when I'm not watching (thank Mary Calvi) for that.

I think Don Dahler is better on weekends. He's just a little stiff for my taste. He needs to relax. Cindy Hsu would've been a better choice. She really knows how to deliver the news.

Archived