CBS News HD

mattr

• 2 weeks later...

Some problems in NYC. WCBS started in HD, with no audio, then switched to SD, with audio, then HD for like 2 seconds,w/o audio, and now it's in SD...

I can say the same for Mobile' date=' Alabama. It must have happened on the national ET/CT feed.[/quote']

In Tucson, Arizona, the entire broadcast is in SD, but on the HD channel you can see some blue on the sides during field reports (HD sidebars?!?)

Until I came on here, I thought maybe it was an issue with our local CBS affiliate since they've been known to show HD programming in SD for segments at a time. Guess not...

I can say the same for Mobile' date=' Alabama. It must have happened on the national ET/CT feed.[/quote']It happened in Memphis as well. No audio on the HD feed, but then they switched to SD and didn't return to HD until near the end of the broadcast.

Hope they don't run into the same problems on The Early Show tomorrow or whenever they go HD.

It happened in Memphis as well. No audio on the HD feed, but then they switched to SD and didn't return to HD until near the end of the broadcast.

Exactly the same thing that happened here... I guess the DOC in Norfolk handled everything the same for the Local TV CBS stations. Was this the same case in Oklahoma City, Ft. Smith, and Huntsville?

I know this is horrible to say, and please forgive me, but Katie really looks quite old in that picture. Not sure if it's just because of it being a still, but the pose just looks horrible.

Archived