Greg Kelly Starts on GDNY

NY5

Today was official day 1.

I'll give him a shot, but he needs to loosen up.

We all agree that the post-Jim show has gone down hill since Chris & Lucy left.

Now too much tweaking. Shouldn't have moved Christina to weekends, and the anchors (Jodi & Greg) should not be the news readers.

Thoughts? Comments?

Anyone see today's show? GK just about hid under the desk when the rest of the crew was disco dancing. Loosen up. Need that for this show.

Thanks for the link. the guy seems like a competant newsman, but how in hell do they think he can replace Ron Prince Charming Corning?

(sigh) At least I got a nice sighting of Reid...

• 2 weeks later...

if they were gonna spend money on Kelly, they should've put him on the 6 with Dari and gave Rick GDNY. Kelly is not at all suited for morning TV. He is clearly uncomfortable with the craziness that goes along with a morning show. And they think this is better than Ron? At least Corning had some sense of a fun loving personality!

I watched yesterday's GDNY for 2 hours and as much as I liked Greg Kelly on the Fox News Channel, he does not fit in here. Talk about out of place and highly uncomfortable. Doesn't show a sense of humor and can't seem to let loose even while while they are talking about entertainment news and other nonsense. Ron Corning must be watching and thinking they got rid of me for him? Did they even audition anyone else for this job and if they did - how awful must the others have been? Greg - DVR the Today show for a couple of weeks and learn from Matt Lauer how to successfully mix hard and soft news while expressing a personality. This isn't Special Report with Brit Hume. I guess this is Doctor's first step in further destroying an already weak news product. I can't wait to see what she has on deck.

I have only watched GDNY a couple of times since Greg Kelly started and he seems very uncomfortable and tight. I think that he needs to loosen up a bit. It's Good Day New York, not the CBS Evening News. Heck I think that Tom Brokaw or Dan Rather would be looser than Greg Kelly. I know that he just started a couple of weeks ago, so I will give him some time.

On another note, it appears that Greg Kelly and Jodi Applegate are now co-anchoring Fox 5 Midday. When I was watching this morning, they didn't say they were in for Karen Hepp and usually they only have one person filling-in instead of two. And there was a pretty funny moment during the beginning of the show. After the open and during the headlines, Mike Woods was giving the tease and then he said, "Jodi and Ron". Whooops!!! :awesome:

I just checked him out again on Good Day All Day....damn, NICE suits-but what a stiff! I'd rather have Ronnie back in one of his shitty outfits than this guy!

To be fair, I bet he would be a great anchor for regular news.

I wonder if part of the reason Greg got the job was because his father is the Police Commissioner? It adds that "local" angle Fox5 is so fond of - sort of like why Lynda Lopez got a job (because of her sister Jenny on the 6).

I wonder if part of the reason Greg got the job was because his father is the Police Commissioner? It adds that "local" angle Fox5 is so fond of - sort of like why Lynda Lopez got a job (because of her sister Jenny on the 6).

It is quite possible he got the job because of his father, not to take anything away from his career. However, it is worth noting that at a recent press conference in Brooklyn discussing police brutality towards an elderly woman, the FOX crew was noticeably absent as every other local English language station was there, including News 12.

Archived