FLASH: Stalwart 'Today' to 4 Hours

first on fox

NBC Universal has given a greenlight to a fourth hour of "Today," a bid to extend one of its most profitable franchises into a time period now dominated by syndicated cooking and talkshows.

NBC notified its affiliated stations late Friday that the network intended to make a fourth hour available to them starting in the fall and plans to unveil it Wednesday at the Television Critics Assn. press tour in Pasadena.

NBC won't announce talent on Wednesday, but sources said the net is only looking at internal talent including expanded roles for third-hour hosts Ann Curry and Al Roker, as well as Campbell Brown and Natalie Morales.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117957330.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&nid=2565

...oh boy, now Meredith Viera gets to "disappear" for two hours instead of just one. Must be nice to have a job you only have to be present at half the time. ::)

Glad I'm not the only one to notice that, Matt Lauer does the same too, FGS when NBC hire someone they should at least stay on screen for the duration of the programme!!

...oh boy, now Meredith Viera gets to "disappear" for two hours instead of just one. Must be nice to have a job you only have to be present at half the time. ::)

I should mention her contract with Milionaire prevent her from anchoring past 9am unless there's breaking news.

Who is going to watch a news show for 4 hours straight?

No one would... I'm sure not many people watch all of the first two hours of Today, GMA, and The Early Show. It's just that it would make an extra hour of Today-style "infotainment" people could sit down and watch instead of a talk show.

Well here in Chicago the line up Today is...

7-9AM Today

10AM Martha

11AM iVillage Live

12PM Megan Mullaly

My guessing would be...

7-10AM Today

11AM iVillage Live (or bring back 11am News they cancelled)

12PM Martha

Hampton Roads Lineup

Current:

7:00 AM: Today

10:00 AM: The 700 Club

11:00 AM: The Megan Mullally Show (soon to end)

b]Possible: [/b]

7:00 AM: Today

11:00 AM: Anyone's guess

Archived