CNN in HD this September

caliwxdude

Multichannel News reports CNN Worldwide president Jim Walton announced Monday at the Left Coast Shrimp & Swine Fest (otherwise known as the Television Critics Association's bi-annual meeting in Pasadena) that CNN will begin broadcasting a high definition version of its network this September. It comes on the heels of DirecTV's announcement it will be adding around 100 high definition channels to its lineup, and it's believed CNN HD will be one of the first networks added along with other Turner properties such as TBS HD and Cartoon Network HD.

Interesting stuff! Just what we've all been waiting for, more news in high definition. I wonder if CNN's new set at the Time Warner Center in New York was built with HD in mind. We'll undoubtedly see some new sets in Atlanta and Washington.

the Left Coast Shrimp & Swine Fest (otherwise known as the Television Critics Association's bi-annual meeting in Pasadena)

Read NewsBlues lately? ::D

• 2 weeks later...

I think they will probably have to get a new set for the newsroom. Their other morning sets etc. I'm not sure if they would have to change. I remember the current newsroom set debuted in June of 1999, I think.

Archived