CBS 2's Mary Ann Childers: still #2 female?

former newsboy

OK, that's it. What's going on over at CBS 2? So now Mary Ann Childers isn't even filling-in for Diann Burns anymore? At least she hasn't been. For the last several newscasts that Diann's been absent, Alita Guillen's been the one keeping her seat warm. (And nothing against Alita, I like Alita a lot).

Sure, there have been plenty of times in the past when someone other than Mary Ann has filled in for Ms. Burns, but that was only when Mary Ann was off as well.

But now, even though Mary Ann's ready, willing, and, able to anchor (cuz there she is everynight at the desk at 5:15ish to do Medicine Tonight) she isn't doing so.

So what gives? This has been happening since the holidays when Sylvia Gomez filled-in for a whole week even though Mary Ann was clearly working and available. I thought they were just being nice and letting Sylvia anchor since she was leaving the station.

So now I'm thinking maybe something happened? What gives?

The point is, I want Mary Ann Childers in that darn chair.

Or how about putting Mary Ann on the 6 with Antonio Mora. They make a pretty impressive team, always thought so. Plus, since Antonio had to give up the 5, seems only fair that Diann could give up a show. But Ahern's so in love with her so I realize that would never happen as long as he's around.

Of course I'd really love to see Mary Ann on the 10. The 5, 6, and 10! She should be, could be the star of the station. It's a crying shame she's not used to her full capacity, let alone fill-in anchor now.

I mean, Channel 2, which bites it big time in the ratings, has this big hitter just sitting on the bench. It's just so stupid, I'll never understand it.

i have always said that diann and antonio both need to go. he seems baked half the dime, and diann, well, what can i say.

Here is what I would like to see on the weekdays, with no morning changes.

5pm Rob and MaryAnn

6pm Jim and Alita

10pm Rob & Alita

Archived