WRC has updated graphics

CLT-DCA-ORF-PTI

It sounds like Gari made a customized version of the NBC Collection theme including the WFY Signature logo. It's also nice that their open is very different than all the other ones that debuted two months ago. It mostly blue with the capitol building on the flyover. Also there's no yellow peacock feather on the left side of the lower thirds. Very nice nevertheless.

EDIT: On the "Coming Up" graphic from the original artworks graphic design, it features the lower third with the yellow peacock feather.

I just heard their new closing music. The closing theme is based on their main theme from the NBC Flagship package, it added the Working For You Sig. Which make me ponder if Gari would do the same thing for WCAU.

Wouldn't surprise me.

I have been waiting for them to show off their graphics and i love them. The only problem I have is the weather graphics which still go as far back as the Novo package. If they would fix those and the website info. Nevertheless, it's about time.

watching the stream online. I have mixed feelings, so let's share them.

NBC really seems to be committed to doing this look right, and that means they're tailoring this from station to station and not ironfisting ill-fitting music and graphics like Gannett. I thought the alterations would mostly amount to taking out the palm trees, much less what seems to be a full alternate version of the graphics. I also am liking the music - the synthesis of Working 4 You and NBC New Gen is a *really* good idea.

While I commend the idea, some of the execution leaves a bit to be desired. The basic graphics have removed the sky effects and replaced it with a plain blue gradient, so it looks more than a little... well, plain. Stings and segment opens look equally plain and template-ish. The lower-third, without rippling peacock feather and animation, is okay. I do like some of the revised graphic looks, like the full-screen background and the toss graphics. It's an interesting look overall, one that's grown on me considerably.

More serious is that WRC is still clutching onto previous looks. They haven't even bothered to give even a MINOR update to the weather graphics, which is incredible itself. Moreover, stills, backgrounds, and animation from the old Look A are still widely peppered around. Even more incredibly, novocom traffic graphics are still in use. I thought the purpose of a new look was to get rid of all the stuff from the old one?

Overall, it's decent. I have to give props to NBC for handling this switch correctly.

I even emailed about those graphics flubs. Maybe by next week things should settle. On Monday, it was a mess on their 11pm news, but now it's looking better. Here are some examples.

17653574.jpg.39516f0822e1401276c60d2e6172af8e.jpg

4day_640x480.jpg.940feb290ff8162d8da92abef9ec4992.jpg

I was watching some of the videos online, and I couldnt find an open, but the full screen graphic like ones you see in powerpoint with a title bar on top and 3 texts with bullets had a blue background with the yellow lines instead of the yellow background with the yellow lines that other affiliates have. The WRC Package seems like something KNSD should've picked up since Blue is a strong color in San Diego.

KFMB went with Blue because of the Chargers and the waters on the coast when they had a blog about its new look when they dropped the Local 8 Branding. XETV as well didnt pick up the Green CW Theme like KSWB did. The GM said it would be better to go Blue as well.

but intresting how WRC's L3's dont have the yellow peacock feather on the corner.

Luckily for me, I'm headed for DC here in the next two days. I can't watch WUSA, since recent happenings at WTSP caused me to, on principle, refuse to watch any one of their stations.

So at least I can catch something new on WRC, right?

Archived