Warner Saunders to Leave WMAQ

NBC 5 Chicago

Surprised no one has posted this.

Tribune

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/columnis/chi-wed_phil_1022oct22,0,6584981.column

Suntimes

http://www.suntimes.com/business/feder/1235255,warner-saunders-NBC-retire-102208.article

It will be interesting if Sirott takes all 3 newscasts. Wonder who will do 430 then with Marion?

I would like to see someone other than Bob....idk I just never had a liking for him. Maybe they can do something along the line of WLS where they have different people but have Bob and Allison at 10.

That would be good and maybe use Marion Brooks for another newscast like at 5 or 6. I like how ABC 7 uses different anchors for each newscast. Who wants to see the same ones at 5, 6, and 10??

What job did Warner do at WMAQ when Ron Magers and Carol Marin were the main evening anchors??

Immediately prior to his ascent to the top job at NBC5, Warner was co-anchor of the 5pm news with Joan Esposito.

Mark Suppelsa & Allison Rosati were doing the 4:30, and Ron & Carol at 6 & 10. Those were the days...

Immediately prior to his ascent to the top job at NBC5, Warner was co-anchor of the 5pm news with Joan Esposito.

Mark Suppelsa & Allison Rosati were doing the 4:30, and Ron & Carol at 6 & 10. Those were the days...

Wow I didn't recall Joan Esposito working at WMAQ. I remember her on ABC 7 in the 80s. Did she end up leaving or retiring...wonder why she didn't get the top anchor spot with Warner after Carol left.

Wow I didn't recall Joan Esposito working at WMAQ. I remember her on ABC 7 in the 80s. Did she end up leaving or retiring...wonder why she didn't get the top anchor spot with Warner after Carol left.

Yes, she did work at Channel 5, I didn't remember her on 7. I don't think I was born at that time or I was a toddler to remember. She was featured at a local furniture store commercial during April Fool's Day last year which included the Smithe Brothers stating that they were going to changed it's name from Wrigley Field. Then on April 1st, they aired and April Fools joke, and noting that they were in support of the Cubs and all. Esposito was playing a news anchor for those commercials.

Archived