720p Youtube

DMA

Apparently you can watch some videos in 720p on Youtube now...it looks fantastic. All you have to do is add "&fmt=22" at the end of a video, if the video is uploaded as 720p or higher. I uploaded one video as a test:

I have a OnAir GT.

The recording quality is great, but as it records as a "transport stream" it's a little difficult to convert for Youtube.

This is what I use: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Flash_TV+Stick/PCTV+HD+Ultimate+Stick.htm

I love it when it works, but the software seems slow and crashes frequently. Every once in a while, it stops working completely and I have to reset it to the way it came and then download the software updates again. It's a pain in the neck.

I'm only able to the broadcast stations in HD, though. It probably has to do with Cablevision only making the cable HD channels available with a box.

Looks great. Kind of jerky in Safari...

There definitely is some sort of Jerkiness going on there, I also noticed that the framerate has diminished as well from 60 Frames Per Second to about what seems to be 25 Frames Per Second..

That open is pretty nice Steve, that is the clearest WLS video I've seen so far on YouTube, lol. Here is an HD Version of the new WABC Open in 720p HD, to compare with WLS's open that Steve posted, I don't think anything compares with WLS lol..

• 3 weeks later...
Sounds like you got a copyright claim on your hands... What did you do upload a whole NFL game? :eek:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by NFL Properties LLC

I uploaded about 20 seconds of whatever game was on FOX at the time because it was the only thing I could find in HD.

Archived