KCAL'S Rick Chambers leaves

News4LA

http://www.instantriverside.com/riverside-ca-news/rick-chambers-kcal-kcbs-news-anchor/2008/12/13/

Rick Chambers is the latest reporter/anchor to leave KCBS-KCAL-TV in Los Angeles.

According to sources inside the newsroom his last day was Friday. The bio for Rick Chambers has been removed from the KCBS-KCAL-TV websites.

Most recently Chambers had been handling many prominent roles as an anchor for KCAL-TV’s evening newscasts, and reporting and fill-in anchoring for its sister-station KCBS-TV.

reunion?

Ann, Harold and Rick?

He means the reunion of Don Corsini, Nancy Bauer Gonzales, Jason Ball and several other ex-KCBS employees (or soon to be ex). That is assuming that Corsini lands the GM gig at KTLA and if he hires Nancy B.G. as the ND. If Corsini does move over to KTLA and takes NBG with him, then I would expect David Gonzales to move over (since his wife is NBG) and Mia Lee (since she is a favorite of Corsini).

He means the reunion of Don Corsini' date=' Nancy Bauer Gonzales, Jason Ball and several other ex-KCBS employees (or soon to be ex). That is assuming that Corsini lands the GM gig at KTLA and if he hires Nancy B.G. as the ND. If Corsini does move over to KTLA and takes NBG with him, then I would expect David Gonzales to move over (since his wife is NBG) and Mia Lee (since she is a favorite of Corsini).[/quote']David Gonzales did work for years at KCAL before his wife moved over from KNBC so there is no reason to think he'll leave KCAL. Besides, with Tribune in bankruptcy, do you really think KTLA will be paying anything more than union minimum? I'd expect they'll be the first station to adopt 1-person crews in this market (like WUSA).

I thought Rick Chambers was a solid anchor. He wasn't a Marc Brown, but he wasn't a real positive/negative or just negative like come of his colleagues at KCBS/KCAL were. When I watched KCAl in the evenings for news, I was very pleased to see him behind the desk. Too bad he's gone.

Archived