Post-Newsweek Stations Update Their Websites

TennTV1983

They're now using a new IBSYS web interface, with some changes:

- WPLG's website is now called JustNews.com

- WKMG's website will now be called ClickOrlando.com

- WDIV and the others are still using the same domain names

- All of Post-Newsweek's stations now have a site called JustWeather.com

Credit to SFLTV.com for pointing that out.

It also means they will both share the JustNews.com domain. Mouse over "Seen on", and you'll see instead of saying "Local 10 News", it hints at a future title "The Local News".

However this seems a bit generic. They should make it market specific like Gannett does with FCN.

If WPLG's site is going to be based on JustWeather.com' date=' then that must mean WTVJ's will be, too. They are, in fact, the [i']only[/i] Post-Newsweek duopoly in the nation.

That is IF the FCC approves the merger of WTVJ/WPLG.

I don't like it too much, I got used to the WKMG website as is, but I have to get used to this new website. WKMG is my choice for Orlando News when I get back there.

That is IF the FCC approves the merger of WTVJ/WPLG.

I don't like it too much, I got used to the WKMG website as is, but I have to get used to this new website. WKMG is my choice for Orlando News when I get back there.

Yeah, that is a huge "IF".

Yeah, that is a huge "IF".

It's pretty much a done deal. When the FTC clears the sale then it is usually approved by the FCC and with this economy and new president, I don't think that the FCC will reject it seeing as there isn't really another suitable buyer for WTVJ. This October 10th commentary from Glenn Garvin of the Miami Herald sums up the whole WTVJ sale pretty well.

"...But in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale market, the soaring strength of Spanish-language networks Univisíon and Telemundo coupled with the ratings collapse of NBC's prime-time network lineup have combined to tumble WTVJ into sixth place. The Federal Trade Commission (which generally speaks for the Justice Department as well) has approved the deal; that means an FCC ruling, expected sometime after the first of the year, will be final."[...]

Complete Article... http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/story/720915.html

Archived