Viacom networks going off Time Warner Cable

NewsJunkie247

As of midnight, January 1st, Viacom networks will no longer be on Time Warner Cable.

Here is a list of the stations that will no longer be on TWC...

Comedy Central - Nickelodeon - Noggin - Nicktoons - Nick 2 - Spike -The N - TV Land - Vh1 - Vh1 classics -Vh1 soul - CMT - MTV - MTV2 - MTV Hits - MTV Jams - MTV Tr3's - Pure Country - Logo - Paladia.

Some of these networks are running crawls at the bottom of the screen urging viewers to call Time Warner Cable and demand these stations back.

Viacom is also airing this ad -

I'm shocked it didn't include the BET Networks, even though that's another subsidiary of the Viacom family.

Makes you wonder if Robert "I sold out BET" Johnson still owns a stake in his network, since this only affects the MTV Networks.

Part of me sees the seriousness of this, I mean, that's an amazing list of channels. Although I know little about it, this sounds similar to something that happened between BSkyB and Virgin in the UK a few years back, reading on a forum over there. Still, with those huge of brands, you can be assured something will happen.

Jokingly though, what will people do with hours of I Love (year here)?

Archived