CNBC 20th Anniversery

d247

CNBC is turning 20 in April, and to celebrate they introduced a special bug at midnight after the New Years Eve. It's the usual bug with a 20 behind it.

Anyone hear about anything else they will do yet?

20 years? No way. Maybe they have 20 viewers.

Yes way.

CNBC was launched in 1989 to compete with the already established Financial News Network (FNN); the latter threw in the towel and merged with the former in 1991.

I can count myself as a CNBC fan. I think it's certainly one of the best cable news or financial networks, in my opinion better than its sister at 30 Rock. Anchors take positions on issues and mock guests occasionally, but for the most part diversity of opinion is well-represented on CNBC.

20 years? No way. Maybe they have 20 viewers.

If CNBC has 20 viewers, imagine how many Fox Business has? One or two?

Huh? Personally, I've had kind of an underlying love for CNBC for a long time now, remembering catching moments as a kid in the 90's of the channel. It always fascinated me, between the content, variety of hosts, and variety of programming. I think it was the first channel I saw anything on 9-11, so that memory holds solid.

20 years is quite an accomplishment, especially now since it seems a number of the originals are moving into other jobs, or seem to be more limited than in the past. It seems so strange to see just how many people have left their screens in recent years, the daily lineup largely changed with the only people that have solidly stayed probably being Mark & the Power Lunch duo in the morning, then Maria, Kudlow, and Cramer in the afternoon.

Anyhow, 20 years is amazing, though their tweaks to the look to celebrate urk me a little, the green tint on the generic background not really that great looking IMO

CNBC dumped Ted David and Tyler Matheson off TV, but Bill Griffith and Sue Herrera have remained through it all. Also, Joe Kernan has been on Squawk Box for the longest time. He's certainly a network icon. They removed Maark Haines and David Faber awhile ago from that program in favor of Squawk on the Street, though they still contribute.

Kudlow & Company seems to have been eliminated. Kudlow is on The Call now, along with CNBC Reports in his old time slot.

Archived