KYW jumps to 2nd at 11?

williamsvoice

Per a ShopTalk article, CBS 3 has jumped ahead of NBC 10 at 11. No numbers available about WPVI, but of course they won. CBS 3 attained a 7.7/14 share, while NBC 10 had a 7.0/13 share at 11.

Other numbers in the fight for bridesmaid:

At 4 p.m.

CBS 3 - 2.9/7 share

NBC 10 - 2.7/7 share

At 6 p.m.

CBS 3 - 4.4/8 share

NBC 10 - 4.4/8 share

Also of note Wake Up News now has a 1.0 rating. People actually get by the crappy graphics, wow.

Per a ShopTalk article, CBS 3 has jumped ahead of NBC 10 at 11. No numbers available about WPVI, but of course they won. CBS 3 attained a 7.7/14 share, while NBC 10 had a 7.0/13 share at 11.

Other numbers in the fight for bridesmaid:

At 4 p.m.

CBS 3 - 2.9/7 share

NBC 10 - 2.7/7 share

At 6 p.m.

CBS 3 - 4.4/8 share

NBC 10 - 4.4/8 share

Also of note Wake Up News now has a 1.0 rating. People actually get by the crappy graphics, wow.

I think this has a lot to do with NBC not having many (or really any) breakout hits this season. CBS is more often than not #1 in primetime and it's carrying over to KYW. WNBC in NY has suffered as well due to the poor lead-ins.

I tuned to NBC10 News at 6 on Friday and observed a much more subdued newscast. There seemed to be less bells and whistles (not even an open) and everybody seemed more focused. It was a much cleaner newscast and easier for me to watch.

A little later on I saw the results of sweeps. I wonder if this was a deliberate change or was everybody just depressed? ;)

I tuned to NBC10 News at 6 on Friday and observed a much more subdued newscast. There seemed to be less bells and whistles (not even an open) and everybody seemed more focused. It was a much cleaner newscast and easier for me to watch.

A little later on I saw the results of sweeps. I wonder if this was a deliberate change or was everybody just depressed? :D

It's not you or a one-time thing. They have been deliberately moving in this direction for awhile and is one of the reasons (besides NBC 2.0's budget cuts) of their new afternoon news lineup. You probably noticed that the 6pm now has a special segment called "6:15", which is a long-form piece by one of the reporters. Hopefully you also noticed that while they still use graphical stingers for stories, "Breaking News" is used far less often.

I think it might take awhile to take hold, but it'll catch on, as KYW now out tabloids the Steve Schwaid-era NBC 10, WPVI is making baffling decisions such as not firing Cuellar and having the god damn Rachel Ray tip of the day in the fricking A Block of the 11pm news, and WTXF prepares to go Fox News Channel on us. All of the newscasts are beginning to look and sound the same, and one of the reasons I'm intrigued with this new direction 10 is taking is that it's something *different*. It's an attempt at a serious, in-depth news organization, rather than one filled with pounding music, breathless anchors, special reports about the dangers of televisions falling on children, and weather every two seconds.

I think the thing that made me aware that this was real and not an excuse for ratings was election night. KYW and WPVI seemed to basically do "let's go to the campaign headquarters" on their 11pm casts. WCAU was the only one that seemed to have analysis along with it, with DeMentri doing a GREAT job on that front, with special panelists and commentators. I also noticed more of a focus on the reporters rather than the anchors - the end of 10's 11pm was a quick roundup from ALL of the campaign HQs, with all the reporters giving quick breakdowns. Let's face it - Lake's never gonna be a great anchor, and the decision to focus less on him and more on the reporters is a great idea.

I'm watching 10 more and more these days. I like what they're doing on 10 Monument.

I am not talking politics, I am talking jorunalistic ethics.

A certian bad anchorwoman should have left the station after she married a certain Democrat politician.

It looks wrong and one can infer there are ties between the station and the Democrat party.

If this was a Republican I would be saying the same thing.

Bullshit. You sing the praises of FOX and Newscorp so don't even hand me that flaming pile of shit.

Archived