WNBC Weekend Evening

shorewx

So it's cheaper to have someone from the Hartford NBC station fill-in then keeping SallyAnn Mosey on staff?

It is a bit convoluted, isn't it? First of all, I can't imagine Mosey was making big $$. Secondly, I would think if they liked her, they would have offered her less - and she would have taken it. I don't think people should assume that all of those let go recently were axed because of the money. I'm glad someone mentioned Joe Cioffi. I was wondering about him. He's been MIA?

It is a bit convoluted, isn't it? First of all, I can't imagine Mosey was making big $$. Secondly, I would think if they liked her, they would have offered her less - and she would have taken it. I don't think people should assume that all of those let go recently were axed because of the money. I'm glad someone mentioned Joe Cioffi. I was wondering about him. He's been MIA?

Unemployed and still living locally from what I heard last.

• 2 weeks later...
It is a bit convoluted, isn't it?

Not really. If they borrow someone who's already on staff at a sister station, they're really not paying anything. If he or she is a salaried employee they're likely not making anything over and above what they would doing the forecast the same day at WVIT.

Even if he's getting paid more money for the fill in, I guarantee you NBC is looking at it as putting out some cash for one day versus keeping another employee, full or part time, on the staff. Which one's costlier?

Yeah, maybe you want to speak w/IceMan, since he was asking if it is cheaper to have the CT guy than Mosey. It was/is my feeling that the wknd am weathercaster's salary was not large enough to make or break WNBC. Some seem to think that everyone was let go because of money. Doubt that's true. But it is a convenient time to get rid of people and let "salary" be the perceived reason.

Archived