News Director OUT at WSYX/WTTE

ColumbusNewsFan

Some news out of Columbus

Stations' news director out

The last day for News Director Lyn Tolan at WSYX-TV (Channel 6) and WTTE-TV (Channel 28) was Friday.

Tolan had worked for the stations since January 2007, on a two-year contract.

A graduate of Northern Illinois University, she had served as news director at stations in Cincinnati; Grand Rapids, Mich.; Hartford, Conn.; and Orlando, Fla.

She also had positions at WCMH-TV (Channel 4) and as assistant news director at WBNS-TV (Channel 10).

She has had a rep of being a dictator in the newsroom and has earn the nickname "The Ayatollah" because of her style of directing. I hope she doesn't come to your market or there will be hell.

• 2 weeks later...

More news out of Columbus....

I guess this change thing is catching on in Columbus.:D

Stan Saunders, Long-Time News Director at WCMH is Out with 10 more people that was let go due to the economy. 2 of the 3 TV news operations in Columbus are currently looking for new ND. Wow.

According to TVSpywatercooler WCMH Reporter Paul Stelzer is gone as well, due to Budget Issues At Media General ( WCMH's Parent Company). He was a pretty good reporter too.

But to give you the local inside on Stan. No one could stand him. Called a bully and that's the nice way of putting it by his fellow worker that actually, I'm surprise he lasted as long as he did at WCMH. He almost fired Jym Ganahl, A freaking 30 year weather legend in this town. As of lately NBC4 (WCMH)'s product as of late has been a mess to watch especially in HD and an article a couple years ago kind of spell the end for him there.

According to TVSpywatercooler WCMH Reporter Paul Stelzer is gone as well, due to Budget Issues At Media General ( WCMH's Parent Company). He was a pretty good reporter too.

But to give you the local inside on Stan. No one could stand him. Called a bully and that's the nice way of putting it by his fellow worker that actually, I'm surprise he lasted as long as he did at WCMH. He almost fired Jym Ganahl, A freaking 30 year weather legend in this town. As of lately NBC4 (WCMH)'s product as of late has been a mess to watch especially in HD and an article a couple years ago kind of spell the end for him there.

Why am I really not surprised? I noted from jump that MG were going to be death of quality newscasts for all of the former NBC O&Os. NBC Universal may not have treated all these stations as though they were gold (especially WVTM), but at least they attempted to keep the stations' newscasts somewhat of higher quality than MG. It is ashame that the fact that WCMH is now consider a MG NBC-affiliate flagship, but it is now a freakin' hot mess over the air.

Off Topic But..........

Finally 100 POSTS!

:lol::party::party::party:

back on topic:

If you look at the 2 firings. WSYX is in better shape for growth but they have Sinclair as owner but they finally notice they can make more money as #2 and their product is actually pretty good for #3 and actually, WTTE leads all late night newscast at 10 and 11

Archived