KWGN Is Now "The Deuce"....

first on fox

Wow... Im stunned.... that is honestly the worst branding I have EVER heard of... they had a nice brand before.... great graphics.... This is not hip or anything like that... honestly, in an economy like this, with the way commercial sales are down... the last thing you want to do is TEST your branding.... I think it is just plain S-T-U-P-I-D

In my opinion, Tribune should leave the brandings like it was before. But I still like WPIX's branding even though I still say "CW11".

Oh, and "The Deuce" was the nickname for Second Street in Jackson Ward, a historically African-American neighborhood in Richmond.

So what's the newscast going to be called? "The Deuce News", "Deuce 2 News", or "News 2 Deuce On"?

I wonder if this is some sort of strategic way of commiting station suicide..

It's great that we have another old station GM guy (Leonard) thinking he's being "hip" and "cool". I wonder how many pot circles went on in his office..

I see the direction he's going with the station. I just don't think he's the right guy to be running the station that direction.

KWGN has been getting worse ever since Local TV took over. Tribune's just going further down the toilet. And even worse, KWGN's pulling a KPLR and moving their longstanding 9PM news to 7PM, and making it like an infotainment show! :rofl!:

I'd also like to add--isn't KWGN the more established station in Denver with higher ratings with their 9pm newscast? I don't see why KWGN's 9pm broadcast should have been moved to accomodate KDVR's.

I think they should have left things on Channel 2 intact and put the 7pm news on KDVR with Fox primetime 8pm-10pm then have KDVR do a 10pm newscast following Fox primetime.

Archived