Rick Garcia Leaving KTTV After 22 Years

CalItalian2

Tonight is his last night. Fox News at 11 on KCOP will be his last sportscast for either station.

They played a quick compilation of his 22 years on KTTV and KCOP at the end of the Fox 11 News at 10 which gets repeated at 1 AM if anyone is reading this before then.

damn...you beat me to it...but did you catch Mark Thompson's comment? He has a feeling we'll be seeing Rick Garcia soon...??? Could it be he'll pop up at ABC 7 News? say John Hartung is the new weekend morning anchor, they'll need a sports guy...but how can you from being the sports director to reporter??? we'll see where he turns up...think Liz Habib will get the 10pm sports anchor spot?

I have a difficult time thinking he'll be leaving Fox 11 after 22 years and would be going to do sports on weekends. Certainly ABC 7 is the most stable news organization in L.A., though. He would make a good news anchor as well, as he was previously for UPN/My 13.

At the end of Fox News at 11 Carlos Amezcua said to Rick Garcia "You're not going to be able to say "Go in the hole"...then Rick said it as his last words as the cast ended.

I think he's going to be a news anchor. I know we've all speculated Micah Ohlman is going to KNBC but could it be Rick Garcia?

The only other place in town that needs a good anchor for their 6:30 PM and 10 PM casts is KTLA. More speculation only on my part.

yeah...carlos' comments at the end of the 10pm show made it obvious that RG was going to anchor somplace...and Mark Thompson's comments made it obvious that RG would remain the la market...so anchoring 8 and 10...whats the 10pm ratings like? I'm sure kttv is #1, but what about the race between ktla and kcal...I think ktla has been improving lately...

At the bottom of this story about Rick Garcia, it also says KTTV is starting a new show on Monday. A recap of Good Day L.A. called "Good Day L.A. Today". It's going to air after the noon news at 12:30 PM for 1/2 hour. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i360cdd62fc9ca5a898cdd34c8823dd1d

a recap? wtf? "a recap of the best from the station's morning program" that program is full of bull shit chit chat of all their personal lives and opinions...who gives a fuck? I don't want to see a 30-minute recap of that bs...maybe a recap of jean martirez's smart @$$ comments during the first 2 hours, but of good day la? ha, lame

I just saw the promo for the 10 PM news (after 10 as the Lakers are still on) with Pat Harvey, Jackie Johnson welcoming Rick Garcia along with what's coming up on the news after the game. Looked thrown together, rather ackward and the three were very stiff looking together (standing).

I don't like the way Pat and Rick are standing for the entire newscast. What are they trying to do recreate UPN 13 News?

For the record, Carlos is doing double duty on Fox 11 News, news and sports. How long will that last?

I don't like the way Pat and Rick are standing for the entire newscast. What are they trying to do recreate UPN 13 News?

For the record, Carlos is doing double duty on Fox 11 News, news and sports. How long will that last?

And I bet somewhere, John Beard is wondering....maybe I should get back to work.

Archived