WDJT Truck Breaks Through Ice

RealWIDeal

Guest Milwaukee12

So that's why they are last in the ratings all the time. I wish CBS would buy them out so they could at least look professional. Ever since they got rid of Al Vanik, it's gone downhill.

They did end up running a MasterCard themed PSA during the superbowl, which you can see at:

http://www.cbs58.com/superbowl/

"Cost of removing our truck from the ice: $10,000. The cost of buying a new news truck: $200,000. The relief that our driver wasn't injured: Priceless. Unfortunately, we know how easily accidents can happen. In our winter months, Wisconsin's waterways can be snow covered and not always well marked. This winter, please be careful around our lakes and rivers. We don't want to see you fall through the cracks. A public service message from CBS58 News."

They did end up running a MasterCard themed PSA during the superbowl, which you can see at:

http://www.cbs58.com/superbowl/

"Cost of removing our truck from the ice: $10,000. The cost of buying a new news truck: $200,000. The relief that our driver wasn't injured: Priceless. Unfortunately, we know how easily accidents can happen. In our winter months, Wisconsin's waterways can be snow covered and not always well marked. This winter, please be careful around our lakes and rivers. We don't want to see you fall through the cracks. A public service message from CBS58 News."

Yes, this has already been mentioned.

Wow. Those two ads really sucked.

I often rip on our NBC affiliate WGBA (one of the lucky UHF stations to get a big network affiliation, when FOX moved to VHF), but they are a much better station than WDJT.

In fact, I would probably say that WDJT is one of the worst CBS affiliates in the country. (Second to WWJ, of course).

Wow. Those two ads really sucked.

I often rip on our NBC affiliate WGBA (one of the lucky UHF stations to get a big network affiliation, when FOX moved to VHF), but they are a much better station than WDJT.

In fact, I would probably say that WDJT is one of the worst CBS affiliates in the country. (Second to WWJ, of course).

I'd say they're one of the worst from any mid-major or major market. I'm sure there are far worse small market stations around.

Heh - here's an idea... Sinclair should bid for the CBS franchise, and replace MNTV on 24. They couldn't do much worse than WDJT has done. :p Plus, this would put both CBS owned/co-owned networks under the same roof (CW on 18, CBS on 24).

Archived