WDJT Truck Breaks Through Ice

RealWIDeal

It sure is a nice van, ain't it? ;D

Seriously, I'm glad nobody was hurt. But they are still out of a $150,000 ENG truck. I'm certain Weigel is just thrilled about this. These folks should be glad they aren't a Sinclair station. It would be a really good excuse to close down the news department.

It sure is a nice van, ain't it? ;D

Seriously, I'm glad nobody was hurt. But they are still out of a $150,000 ENG truck. I'm certain Weigel is just thrilled about this. These folks should be glad they aren't a Sinclair station. It would be a really good excuse to close down the news department.

Well, they survived on one truck for years. (That truck had the mast snapped off and then they had no van for awhile, then a rental.. then they got the old one back and I think ended up purchasing the rental and having two trucks.) I'm not entirely sure which truck this one is, the brand new one or the old one with the replaced mast... either way, I'm sure they still have one other truck to use.

Update from J/S Daywatch

A WDJT-TV (Channel 58) news van remains partially submerged in Big Muskego Lake today after it broke through the ice Sunday afternoon while out for a story about ice safety.

A salvage crew is working to get the van out, but it is unclear if the crew will be able to pull it out today, said Lt. John LaTour.

After passing a sign for the boat launch and pier off Durham Drive, the driver had taken the truck about 150 yards onto an ice- and snow-covered channel leading to the lake. The ice suddenly gave way. She escaped unharmed, but the van sank in the 5-foot channel.

She told police that she thought she was still on the road, police said. She was working on a segment about snowmobile safety on ice.

This was the same truck that had the mast replaced on it. "Unit 7" as the decal said on it, but yet WDJT only had 1 live truck at the time. They had just purchased the rental truck when I left the station in September. I have a feeling with all the equipment in the truck it was worth no where hear the $125,000.

Word is they are going to buy a new truck in time for Feb sweeps. Yes on the 1st. With some magic pot of gold they have lying around.

Maybe employees would not drive off boat ramps if WDJT paid people there more than $8 an hour.

Maybe employees would not drive off boat ramps if WDJT paid people there more than $8 an hour.

Gee, and I thought Sinclair was cheap! you sure this isn't a sincrap station. I like what KSDK said about this on their news this morning, someone's got some bigtime explaining to do to the boss.

$8, I make more than that, and I work Guest Service at a Nameless "red" Big Box Store.

Same here, 'cept my store is all outdoorsy and brown and green; and I have to kiss people's butts when they return 4 year old boots that mysteriously have developed a leak.

Archived