RNN

shorewx

I wonder why RNN moved to Rye, and spent money on the new studios if they could not afford to do a daily live newscast?

RNN only has 90min of live programming daily.

I wonder what the studio is used for the rest of the day?

Do they rent it out to other production companies?

RNN will begin 2 new newscast coming June 22nd. A morning and then evening show.. Verizon FIOS is backing them.. Should be very interesting- Looks like NY1 will get a run for there money

What I've read from various sources over the last few months is Verizon is starting up (in variation) operations like News 12 and NY1 in many markets across the country.

I believe they have something in DC already going. But in this market it's being used as a marketing tool much like NY1 and News 12 are. I have also heard somewhere that FiOS is backing RNN to get things going in the tri-state, hence why there are openings for LI and NYC reporters.

Problem is there is no brand recognition with RNN and there is no incentive for people to watch it, nor is it going to be convinving to others to drop Cablevision/Time Warner/Dish to go to FiOS because of some rinky-dink operation providing some news.

I'm not sure what RNN is exactly, but is this going to be like time warner's newscahnnels. In NY they have them in all the major cities, they are share content, anchors and weathermen, and all have their own reporters maybe it's going to be like this?

A poster on a FiOS forum says Verizon have 2 channels sharing the same talent.

FiOS1 for long island and FiOS1 for New Jersey. They will debut Monday morning at 5am.

If I had to guess I think FiOS1 will have news updates mixed in with taped segments like NY NonStop is but with more focus on news.

There's more information here but no press release yet,

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/BIT_RATE/15495-Verizon_Expected_to_Launch_FiOS1_NY_Next_Week.php

My only guesses are, FiOS does not have enough customers yet to create a channel for NYC or the NJ and Long Island versions will be a test and NYC version will follow after.

I'm sure FiOS customers in the Five Boroughs do want a local news channel.

I do, there isn't enough local stuff on FiOS...FiOS really only has enough customers in Staten Island, everywhere else is pretty sketchy, coverage wise.

Ch1 on FiOS in NJ is now on with a 1min promo loop for FiOS1 NJ News.

Shown in the NJ Traffic Report Clip is Kristina Behr from WPIX.

She used to be in the WPIX Air11 Chopper for the AM news traffic reports and was last doing reports in studio when WPIX stopped having a reporter in Air11.

I don't recognize any of the other anchors in the promo video but I'll try to post some caps from the promo.

Archived