Survive and Thrive - The New All That and More?

TVNewsLover

I haven't caught the 5pm hour every day, but I noticed last Friday and today (Wednesday) that the 5pm hour on NBC10 has been split in two. The first half hour is strictly news anchored by Jamison (Lori Wilson filled in on Friday) and the second half hour is anchored by Tracy Davidson and called "Survive and Thrive", focusing on consumer news and economy related issues.

On Friday, Tim and Dawn ended the 4pm news by saying "the news at 5 is next.... now here is Lori and Tracy". Only Tracy was there to tease what's coming up. Then, when the 5pm news actually started, only Lori was at the desk, and Tracy was absent for the first half hour (except when going to commercial break teasing a story coming up).

Survive and Thrive was back again today! I don't understand why these NBC O&Os are experimenting with their 5pm news (as mentioned above, WNBC plans on scrapping theirs to make way for an entertainment show). Just keep the news on at 5pm!!!

Archived