Katy Tur on WNBC

NYNews

I just saw a report by Katy Tur on WNBC, formerly of WPIX. I never really saw her as market #1 material nor WNBC material. Don't get me wrong, she has potential, but I never thought she would have landed a job on one of the big 3 so soon. I wonder if her relationship with Keith Olbermann may have helped her land the job at WNBC. Your thoughts?

She seems to be a "utility" reporter for all of the NBC networks. She spent a month in the field in the late spring reporting for The Weather Channel's coverage of the Vortex2 tornado hunt project, and last week she did a number of TWC reports live from NYC. I'm curious if she'll be used as a NYC reporter for MSNBC now as well.

I wonder if her relationship with Keith Olbermann may have helped her land the job at WNBC. Your thoughts?

Of course not. Why even suggest that? Forget the fact that Olbermann is the face of MSNBC--she got the job fair and square. :awesome:

I just saw a report by Katy Tur on WNBC, formerly of WPIX. I never really saw her as market #1 material nor WNBC material. Don't get me wrong, she has potential, but I never thought she would have landed a job on one of the big 3 so soon. I wonder if her relationship with Keith Olbermann may have helped her land the job at WNBC. Your thoughts?

Ah, the effects of romantic cronyism.

Archived