WFAA HD Soon...

Guest wfaa8fan

They look impressive, very representing of a station. I believe they are an ABC Affiliate, imagine if they were an actual ABC O&O, they would recieve additional funding from the network and they would by far be the best O&O overall. WFAA is an amazing station. Graphics are beyond extraordinary to say the least. I just hope other stations like the ones here in New York can follow in their footsteps. Thanks for the pictures. :)

-Vlad

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wfaa8fan

They look impressive, very representing of a station. I believe they are an ABC Affiliate, imagine if they were an actual ABC O&O, they would recieve additional funding from the network and they would by far be the best O&O overall. WFAA is an amazing station. Graphics are beyond extraordinary to say the least. I just hope other stations like the ones here in New York can follow in their footsteps. Thanks for the pictures. :)

-Vlad

Actually, WFAA probably has just as big of a budget as any ABC O&O station -- BELO has deep pockets, not to mention WFAA is their flagship station and their top priority. Not to mention they invested alot of money in the Victory Plaza studio, easily several million, on the set and all the studio pieces to fill it as well as the new equipment for HD, probably another several million. These graphics are probably just going to be used until they are budgeted more for an entire graphics package from Hothaus...very nice for a temporary graphics package though, I don't ever see WABC following in their WFAA's footsteps.

I highly doubt this is a "temporary" package. Otherwise, their old graphics could of been easily upgraded to HD for the temporary look. These are the current HD graphics by WFAA. A lot of the budget went toward the HD upgrade and new studios. Therefore, budget was cut a bit in the graphics area. Someone mentioned here that WFAA and Hothaus worked together to get those graphics.

Archived