New hires at WCBS or freelancers?

IceManNYR

I noticed that as well. I don't know who this Whit Johnson is, but I sure hope we see more of him!

I think Whit Johnson is just a CBS News national correspondent that was on-the-scene reporting on the crash for CBS affiliates across the country because I found a video of him reporting on the story for KCBS-TV. Also, I noticed he didn't have a CBS 2 mic flag.

As for the two women, I'm not sure who they are. The only woman that is fairly new is Kathryn Brown who is, I think, a freelance that has been with WCBS for a few months.

So that's it, WCBS is using reports from the Newspath reporters for some its stories.

Drew Levinson CBS NEWSPATH Correspondent, New York was just on doing a report on the crash in the Hudson.

I guess it saves WCBS money but just seems odd to not have a local WCBS reporter covering this.

Archived